•ch. 4 truth be told•

Ethan has no idea how long he was out for but when he finally started to come to he heard voices near him, over his sleepy haze he wasn't able to tell what they were saying. Ethan opened his eyes but closed them quickly when he was met with bright lights. Opening his eyes once again he allowed them to adjust as he sat up and took in his surroundings. Through his daze he saw Tyler, Mark, Amy and Kathryn sitting near him. He was confused for a moment but the memories from earlier today flooded in and fear soon took over.

They all sat around waiting for something to happen, Ethan sat criss cross on the couch staring down at his hands. He knew that his friends knew something was up and he wanting to so badly, just spill everything. But fear has been engraved in Ethan. Fear of being judged, fear of being called weak, fear of losing his friends, and oh god the fear of what Danny would do.

"Ethan," Mark was the bravest to be the first one to speak, "Are you okay?" It was a stupid question but it was a start. Ethan just shrugged his shoulders but continued to stare at his twiddling hands.

"What happened today?" Tyler was the next to speak up. Receiving a shake of the blue haired boy's head he continued, "Please Eth talk to us, you can trust us."

Ethan's hands fidgeted more as he weighed his odds. He could just tell them everything and finally be open for once but Danny will be mad. Forget mad he'd be infuriated, God knows what Danny is capable of. "He'll be mad." Ethan finally answered in a small voice.

"Who will be? Danny?" Amy asked softly trying to coax the boy into talking more.

The blue haired boy nodded his head and tears formed in his eyes. God he just wanted to tell them everything why can't he? It was mainly due to fear but there was a small portion of him that believed that everything Danny did was right. Every punishment, insult, bruise, broken bone he deserved them and Danny was right. If he was just a better person he wouldn't be hurt.

"Forget Danny okay? It's only you right now." Tyler took a deep breath to try and contain his anger. "It's only you and us, your friends. Please Ethan. You can trust us." It wasn't a statement it was a fact.

Ethan felt as if someone has finally opened his dam doors and allowed everything flood free. Tears whelmed in his eyes as he told them as much as he could in between shaky breaths. Something came over him and he for the first time he told people the truth about Danny. Nobody said anything but they listened closely. They could not believe anything they heard, how could they not have noticed?

Once he was done Ethan dissolved into a series sobs that wracked through his small frame. Ethan misread their silence as them being disgusted and ashamed of him which made him sob even more. But soon enough a strong set of arms wrapped around him protectively. Ethan was stiff for a moment but melted into the warm embrace.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Ethan." a deep voice murmured, Ethan realized it was Tyler who was holding him.

"What do you mean?" Ethan asked looking up at the man holding him. To his surprise tears filled Tyler's icy blue eyes as he tried to hold a strong face but was failing quickly.

"I should have noticed sooner, I should have said something. God I'm so sorry." Tyler's voice was laced with so much sorrow and guilt it broke Ethan's heart to hear him like that.
Before Ethan can say anything in protest another set of strong arms wrapped around him. More tears collected in his eyes when he realized it was Mark. Why did they care so much? Ethan could not understand why instead of making fun of him and calling him weak they were hugging him and crying. It's been repeated to him too many times that nobody cared about him besides Danny. He was made to believe that only Danny could ever love him that nobody else did.

Fuck, Danny. For the first time since he started to talk Ethan realized what he just did. He went against Danny's biggest rule, he told them the truth about their relationship. Realization of how much trouble he's going to be in finally set in. The blue haired boy's breathing became labored at thoughts of his future punishments. Oh God how could he be so stupid?

When Tyler realized Ethan was at the pre stages of a panic attack his hold on him became tighter and he began rubbing soothing circles on his back. "Ethan calm down, you're okay."

"He's gonna be so mad." Ethan said, talking more so to himself, "How could I be so stupid to break the most important rule?" He furiously tried to rub away his tears but it was no use there were too many.

"We'll protect you, okay?" Tyler stated firmly, "We all will." Everyone nodded in agreement.

Tyler loosened his hold on the small boy. He tried to look him in the eyes but Ethan refused to meet his gaze. Tyler gently lifted up his chin, ignoring the flinch that was so evident. "You've been alone far too long. But now and until forever we will always be at your side protecting you." Tyler did not miss the way hope flashed in Ethan's emerald eyes or how for the first time in what feels like forever Ethan smiled. It was a small dainty smile but a smile nonetheless.

Hey thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Feed back is much appreciated ^-^ And I'll see you in the next chapter, buh bye!