•ch. 5 threats and promises•

"So what do you want for dinner?" Tyler questioned once they made it safely inside their house later that night. When they entered Tyler made sure to double check that every door and window is locked then they sat down on their couch and tried to relax for a bit.

Ethan shrugged his shoulders and let out a quiet 'i don't know' but otherwise remained pretty much silent. Ever since the conversation at the office Ethan didn't feel up for talking much. This made Tyler worried cause Ethan was always the one to be bouncing off the walls talking about everything. The more Tyler thought about it the more he questioned if it was all just an act. How long has Ethan been pretending?

The curly haired brunette sighed and suggested they order pizza. Receiving a nod of approval Tyler stood up and ordered a large pizza with pineapples. He didn't really mind pineapple pizza but it was Ethan's favorite so he gladly ordered it in hopes of seeing him smile just a bit more. Once Tyler returned to the couch he noticed Ethan scrolled through his phone quickly and he seemed to be becoming upset. Tyler sat down next to him and pulled him to his side, "What's the matter Eth?"

Ethan sighed and showed Tyler his phone, no use hiding it. Tyler examined the screen and scoffed at the messages Danny was sending him. There were dozens of messages that started off as an apology and promises of there won't be a repeat of today. But then the more the messages continued the easier it was to see how angry he was becoming due to Ethan not answering.

Tyler extended his hand, "May I?" Ethan gave him a questioning look but handed him his phone with shaky hands making Tyler smile at him trustingly, "I'm going to block him on everything of yours okay?" Ethan seemed hesitant at first but nodded after a moment of thought. Once Tyler was done Ethan was given back his phone which he tucked into his pocket then he paused for a moment then adjusted himself closer to Tyler causing the taller male to smile warmly.

"Thank you." Ethan mumbled into Tyler's broad chest after a few moments. A soft 'you're welcome' was heard and a gentle hand ran through his blue hair which made him to visibly relax more.

They stayed like that for awhile until the doorbell was heard, ripping them from their calming moment. Ethan let out a quiet whimper at the thought of who could be at the door. Tyler rubbed his head softly then stood up and went to answer the door. Once the door was open Tyler had to control every fiber of his being not to straight out attack who was standing there.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Tyler bit out sharply at Danny who tried to stand there with an innocent look.

"What I can't visit my boyfriend?" Danny responded with a small laugh and tried to shove pass Tyler who shoved him back away from the door.

"Not after the stunt you pulled today," Tyler retorted bitterly, "Get the fuck off our property, Ethan is not your boyfriend anymore."

Danny's jaw clenched and his eyes became narrow, "Who the hell are you to tell me that? I'm seeing my boyfriend." He made another attempt to get around the taller male but was quickly shoved away once more, "I don't think Ethan would be happy you're keeping me away from him." His voice was smug as he tried to use Ethan against Tyler.

"I'm not going to tell you again Ethan is no longer your boyfriend." Tyler said firmly as he swallowed his anger. If he lashed out like Danny then he is no better than him. Tyler took a calming breath, "One last time get the fuck off our property."

Danny's face was flushed red and his eyes burned brightly with venom. Then he did one thing that surprised Tyler, he began to laugh. Piercingly loud chakles that rang with the least amount of humor, it was an evil horrible laugh that belonged to a maniac. He started to scream as he backed away from the house, "You told didn't you Ethan!! You told them!! HAHAHA." His laughter continued endlessly, "You're fucking weak! Fucking pathetic I can't believe I fucking wasted my time on you!!" Danny was not standing in the street screaming like a psychopath, "YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING PAY ETHAN, YOU HEAR ME?"

A loud whimper was heard from inside the house which made Tyler's heart break, "Stay the fuck away!" Tyler exclaimed while slamming the door behind him and locking it. He then ran to the living room to see Ethan sitting with his knees pulled to his chest and his chin resting on his knees. Tears were threatening to fall from his eyes while his whole frame shook slightly.

The curly haired man's heart broke even more as he hurried over to Ethan. He sat down next to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder in a comforting manner. "I'm sorry Ethan I didn't know it was him, but he's gone now."

Ethan shook his head and wiped a few stray tears, "No I should be sorry." His voice was small and sounded so broken, "I shouldn't have burdened you guys."
Tyler looked at him with a sad look, "No Ethan it is not a burden." Once again Ethan shook his head and was about to protest but before he could Tyler continued to talk, "Don't try to argue Ethan. You did the right thing telling us."

The blue boy still wasn't convinced and just became even more confused as to why Tyler was so insistent that it wasn't a problem, "Why do you guys care so much?" Ethan immediately regretted wording it how he did, guilt began to eat away at him when he saw Tyler's hurt expression, "No I didn't mean to sound me, I'm sorry. I just- I can't understand why everyone is I dunno, I guess sad?" Ethan took a deep breath trying to keep another anxiety attack at bay, "It's just I thought that anyone I told would call me weak and just deprecate me for telling."

"Ethan we care so much because you are our friend hell forget friend you are family." Tyler spoke softly with much love and comfort in his voice. He gently lifted Ethan's chin so his dull green eyes met his own, "We love you so much Ethan. Words can not explain how much you mean to us, especially to me." Their faces were merely inches apart, the smaller males uneven breath was felt against Tyler's scruffy face. If it wasn't for the entire situation or his own uncertainty, Tyler would have closer the gap between the two and admit his love for the blue haired boy.

Ethan felt his cheeks heat up and his hands started to tremble at how close they were. Ethan knew he could trust Tyler but the closeness was making him uneasy. He wasn't sure if it was fear or if it was false hope. Ethan was hoping the space between would go away so they could connect their lips but he knew that wasn't going to happen.

After a few minutes they both pulled away with a soft blush evident on both their faces. Ethan straightened himself out and checked the time on his watch. "I'm gonna uh, wash up before the food gets here." Tyler nodded his head and pulled out his phone.

Ethan left the room and made his way to the bathroom. Once he got there he debated whether or not to wash his face. He decided for it because he has nothing to hide now, Tyler knows the truth. Washing away the makeup Ethan wiped his face dry and looked into the mirror. The ugly bruises still decorated his face harshly causing the blue haired boy to sigh.

Leaving the bathroom Ethan came back to the living room to see Tyler layout a box of pizza and a few sodas for them on the coffee table. When Tyler looked up at him, Ethan can tell the shock expression on his face when he finally for the first time saw the evidence of Ethan's abuse. The blue boy gazed down sheepishly but thankfully Tyler didn't press the topic anymore and called him over to the couch.

"Come on I'll put a movie one." Tyler suggested while grabbing the remote, "What do you want to watch?"

Ethan thought for a moment and responded, "Wanna see Rise of The Guardians?" Tyler agreed and set the movie up as Ethan took their slices for them.

They both settled back into the couch with a content sigh while eating the pizza and enjoying the movie. Half way through the movie Tyler wrapped his arm around the blue boy and once he looked up at him Tyler just smiled brightly as his and turned his attention back to the movie. Ethan's face became flush but he tried to ignore it. 'Tyler's probably just trying to be comforting don't think too deep into it.' Ethan told himself but nonetheless settled into the bigger man's side.Tyler may seem like a rock solid giant but to Ethan's surprise he was soft and gentle.

Sighing once more Ethan curled up more into Tyler's side and practically melted when he ran his enormous hands carefully through his blue hair. For the first time in awhile Ethan felt completely safe, all thanks to Tyler.

And so Tyler and Ethan both enjoyed the rest of the night in each others company and watched movie after movie all the while being completely oblivious to their mutual feeling of the other.

Hey thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Feed back is much appreciated ^-^ And I'll see you in the next chapter, buh bye!