Chapter 1

I sighed over the phone to Samara, my brother and his friends were in the lounge room laughing about some fight they had with Liam.

You see, my age group was divided into two groups, Jayden’s or Liam’s.

They used to be close friends until Year Seven. Liam was dating a girl, Lauren, until she kissed Jayden. They got into this huge fight and have hated each over ever since.

“Don’t you sigh as me!” Samara sassed me, her voice crackling over the phone.

I laughed. “Jayden and his mates are just talking about some fight with Liam, again.”

I could practically hear Samara rolling her chocolate brown over the phone. She had sided with Jayden.

“He probably deserved it!”

“Liam’s not so bad Samara. He is kind and polite.”

“Don’t let your brother hear you saying that.” I could almost see her hand on her mouth in an exaggerated gasp. She was such a drama queen.

“I don’t care what he thinks. I can do and say what I want!”

I walked up the hallway and into the kitchen, using my shoulder to hold the phone to my ear as I opened the pantry.

Where’s all the food gone?

“Whatever.” Samara muttered. “Are you coming to my party next Saturday?”

“Mum’s in a bad mood so I haven’t asked her yet.”

Samara sighed but before I could continue talking Jayden interrupted me.

“Ammmelliiaaaa,,” he whined.

“Jaayyddeennnn,” I whined back.

“Can you get me a coke?”

I pulled two Coke’s out of the fridge, walking into the lounge room and throwing one to Jayden. He caught it with one hand easily.

“Thanks.”

“No worries.” I faked a smile at his friends and returned to my conversation.