Chapter Four

I tugged on the hem of my dress Samara had forced me into for her 17th birthday. The dress was a light blue, strapless and had a diamond cut out on the back. I paired it with a long silver necklace and silver heels, leaving my blonde hair down but straightened.

“I don’t know Samara. Do you think it’s to slutty?”

Samara rolled her eyes and smirked.

“How are you going to impress Liam without a little sluttiness?” She winked.

I shot her a look and elbowed her in the ribs. Over the last week I may have developed an incy-wincy-tiny-little-baby-crush on Liam and has made the mistake of informing Samara.

“Shut up. It’s not like we are dating!”

“You can’t. It’s so Romeo and Juliet. A forbidden love, doomed to never be!”

She placed the back of her hand on her forehead and leaned backwards, pulling the damsel in distress face she had perfected in Drama class. I rolled my eyes, she was so theatrical.

I heard a knock on the door.

“Is anyone naked?”

I rolled my eyes at my brother’s antics.

“No you can come in.”

The door swung open and my brother stepped in. Dressed in red Vans, black skinny jeans, white top and black jacket for Samara’s party.

“Aww. Look at my little sister all grown up!” he hugged me and ruffled my hair.

“Jayden we’re twins! You’re not older than me,” I laughed. He just ignored me and walked to Samara.

“Happy Birthday Samara! You look beautiful.” He hugged her.

I saw him give her a small wink. I had seen him give that wink to nearly every walking, breathing girl. That was the famous let’s-hook-up-wink!

Samara blushed. “Thanks Jayden. We are leaving now. Do you want to come with us”

He nodded and mumbled something about getting his stuff before leaving the room.

I was going to say something before we left quietly to Samara, but nobody likes a party pooper.