Chapter Eight

I slammed the door behind me, screaming at Jayden through the thick wooden door. I ran to my room and changed into my pajamas.

I hear Mum knocking on my door and Dad asking Jayden why he had a black eye.

“Amelia,” came the quiet voice of my mum outside my door.

I walked over and unlocked it for her, before sitting cross-legged on my bed, hugging my pillow.

Mum opened the door, peering in and looking me over before walking over to me. She sat next to me pulling me into a tight embrace. I leant in, trying to stop the tears from flowing.

“Hun, what happened?”

And it just came out. Jayden and Liam, Liam in class, detention, dating, the movies, everything up to just before I got home.

“Well Liam was about to leave when Jayden saw him. He marched over yelling something about violating his little sister and then he swung at him. It Liam square in the eye so Liam swung back hitting Jayden in the eye also. Jayden deserved it! An eye for an eye. Liam apologized to me, before running off. Jayden followed me all the way home, whining and moaning so I told him he deserved it and he yelled at me. And now he is just being a little bitch!”

Mum listened to everything, nodding and hugging when it was needed.

“Well I suggest you talk to both boys, starting with the one in this household.”

I nodded, crawling out of her arms and heading for the door, but not before thanking her and kissing her cheek.