Chapter Nine

I opened the door to Jayden’s room silently and lent against the doorframe. He was clutching his nose and groaning in pan.

“If you’re gonna die, please be quieter about it.”

He looked up, gesturing me to sit down on his bed.

“Amelia, any guy on Earth you could go on a date with! And you choose to go on a date Liam Jones!”

“You’re blaming this on me? It’s not my fault you punched my boyfriend!”

“Your boyfriend? No! You are not gating Liam!”

“Yes I am! I don’t care that you hate him I’m dating him whether you like it or not!”

“Amelia you’re supposed to stick up for me, I’m your brother! Plus, it’s Liam! It’s not like he’s fricken Romeo!”

By now we were standing up, screaming at each other and using big hand gestures.

“You’re the one making it Romeo and Juliet! Liam didn’t do anything wrong! You’re the one that kissed your best mate’s girl!”

Jayden didn’t reply, the red slowly draining from his face.

“I know! I know that was wrong, but I said I was sorry and tried to make-up. Liam was the one stop being my friend!”

“No it wasn’t, you stopped being a real friend the moment you touched Lauren back in Year 7!”

I ended the conversation by walking out of his room, slamming the door behind me. I stomped all the way back to my bed where my phone was buzzing. I picked it up and slid the ‘accept’ button across.

“Lia! I’m so sorry! I know I shouldn’t have punched him, but I was angry and he swung at me, and I’m so sorry. Please forgive me?”

I tried not to smile, I knew I should be mad at him but it was hard to hold out on him. He was just too cute!

“Liam calm down,” I sighed. “This would be so much easier in person.”

“Then I’ll come over. Please, I just need to talk.”

“Okay, meet me out the front of my house.”

I hung up before walking over to my window, looking out at the few lights left on my street.