Chapter Two

I tried zoning out of Mr. Lovegrove’s lecture on Globalization. I looked to my left to see Samara doodling in the back of her geography book, to my right Liam was writing something in his book before focusing his sky blue eyes back on Mr. Lovegrove.

I looked up at the clock to see there was still thirty minutes left. Mr. Lovegrove finished rambling and was handing out a worksheet, telling us to fill it in based on the notes we were supposed to have taken.

“Liam,” I hissed.

He looked up, then around the room.

“Liam,” I repeated, slightly louder this time. He looked at me with questioning eyes.

“Were you paying attention?”

He nodded, oddly silent.

“Can I copy your notes?”

He smirked, raising his eyebrow.

“Weren’t paying attention? You little feral Amelia.”

I giggled. “So, can I borrow the notes?”

He nodded. “As long as your brother doesn’t find out. I’m to young to die.” He chuckled sneaking a look at Jayden who was on his phone.

I nodded as he slid his book to me. Just as I went to take it, Liam’s hand still on it, Mr. Lovegrove turned in our direction.

“Miss Gilbert. Mr. Jones. You were supposed to be taking your ‘own’ notes!” He ripped the book out of our grasp, checking the clock.

“You two can finish this after school.”

Liam just sighed, slowly packing up his stuff. I felt guilty; all Liam did was let me borrow his notes. I was about to apologize to him but the bell went and he ran out the door.