- one -

Manuelle's P.O.V.

Another day in this hell. I mean school. Well, same shit. While I was going to school I realized I have a test today, that I never studied for. Oh well, I mean I do homework once in a life time, I'm busy helping my mom around everything.

Growing up as the youngest sibling with two older brothers, I'm used to help my mom around chores. Whenever I try to complain, mom says that ''they're boys, they shouldn't be working''. But I don't fight with her about it, even tho I despise when she says something like that.

But, Nina would help me. She was always there to help. She was my best friend and my 'twin', how she loved to say. Both of us had long eyelashes and big brown eyes. My hair was a lot darker than hers though.

She was able to understand a lot of things, except that she had a father who wasn't the best husband to her mom, but he was a great parent. And I knew she wouldn't understand if I would tell her about my father who has a new family and who is literally just a sperm donor to me.

When I realized she couldn't understand that, I started convincing myself that I don't need anyone. It was just a lie because deep down I needed someone who will fill up the emptiness.

Nina felt empty too, but in a way I couldn't understand. It was still similar to mine. We decided it would be a lot better for us not to talk about things like that.

Instead, she would like to imagine Grayson Dolan removing every empty feeling. She wasn't about loving the boys, but she had nobody left to fantasize about. Usually she would imagine her with Grayson and me with Ethan, his twin brother.

Currently, they were watching me and Nina walking into school. Today we wore the same outfit on accident - black hoodie and skinny jeands, Nina's favorite. We didn't like to dress the same, but since it wasn't planned it didn't bother me so much.

When she noticed they were watching us, she whispered to me through her gritted teeth: ''The Dollars are watching us''. The Dollars- her code for the Dolans.

'I know, don't act stupid' I whisper back, but she always acts stupid so I don't think this will help.

'I'm going to ask Grayswan to go on a date with me, we already talked a bit in math class.'' she whispered one of her codes again. She was really outgoing, maybe I was too, but for now I decided to not give a shit.

''Go ahead and ask him, and try not to become moist when he calls you babygirl'' I teased her.

'I swear to god if that motherfu- says babygirl to me only thing that is going to be wet is my cringe sweat.' she says a bit angry, both of us hated the word 'babygirl'. It was something basic, and we weren't basic at all. I laugh at her comment and I notice the twins are gone.

'But hey, don't you imagine how cute would you and Ethan be, especially with you short and him tall. I hate being this tall because you could feel Ethan's heartbeats and all I can do is to cut open my head on that sharp ass jawline of Grayswan.' she lets out and before I could cringe at her words, the bell interrupts me.

'Well, at least you can leave hickeys easily, and stop dreaming about me and Evan, not happening' I say to her.

I knew exactly how my love life will be. It was a weird feeling telling me how will my experiences will be. I knew that I will have someone who I'll love as a teenager, but we will go through so many things to stay ourselves. That's why I wasn't rushing for any type of relationships.

Nina winked at me and mouthed 'We'll see Mannie' and jogged to class. She was the only one who called me Mannie.

As I rushed to my class, I saw a tall figure entering my classrom before me.

I tried to figure out who that was. And then I did.

Guess who, Evan Dollar.

Ethan was quiet and he didn't laugh, except with Grayson. He loved to wear darker clothes, usually hoodies or tank tops showing his big arms. Hey, I don't like him, but I have eyes to see that he's hot.

Grayson was hot too, but he was always smiling and cute. Ethan was darker and more invisible to others. Just like me.

I step in the classroom number 8 - history, with his eyes landing on me and smirking. I smirk back and sit on the chair two seats in front of him.

Before I sit, I take one last glance at him to catch him staring, but he didn't seem to mind.

Well, from now on, I guess history will be waaay more interesting.

***********************

814 words

Written on 15th March

Published 24th March