- sixteen -

Manuelle's P.O.V.

'Mmm, this breakfast is SO GOOD!' Nina said sarcastically, she seems not pleased with everything nowadays. She usually wasn't like this, she would always be grateful for the smallest things.

To be honest, I don't know what to do. We don't do 'the talks' and we agreed in not doing them, because when we do, everything goes wrong. I think a little a decide not to overthink, just to simply ask her.

'Nina, will you come over tomorrow, if you're available?' I ask her and she raises her head to look at me.

'Me?' she asks unsure.

'Yes.'

'Only like, you and I?'

'Yes, Nina.' I say too harsh, but when I realize it, I smile to make it softer.

'Okay.' she finally agrees and smiles back.

'I see Gray coming' I say and she turns around to say hi to him.

'Hey guys' Grayson says, pecking Nina on the lips. 

I wait for Ethan to show up but he's nowhere around.

'Where's Ethan?' I ask and Grayson's smiley face turns serious.

'Uh um he, he couldn't come. He will come before the P.E. though.' Gray says and I notice his dark undereyes. They probably didn't sleep well so Ethan couldn't get up.

'Oh okay then. All four of us have P.E. together right?' I say.

'Yess my favorite class eveeeeer' Grayson sings in a girly voice. Nina laughs and cups his face, admiring him like a baby and I laugh. She loved squishing other people's faces.

Our P.E. teacher usually wouldn't care much so Ethan and I always talked when he wasn't playing football or basketball with the rest of the guys and Grayson. Nina would usually play volleybal with her ex best friends since our teacher stated out that Nina does nothing here, even though she did.

Nina being Nina, she would play volleyball ignoring the shit from her ex bffs, and when she would talk it was usually a savage comeback. I felt like a proud mother in those moments.

Grayson on the other side loved seeing frustrated Nina in very short shorts we had to wear, especially if you play volleyball. I caught him a few times staring so intensely at her. I always wondered if Ethan looked at me like that and sometimes Nina would tell me if he stared at something he shouldn't stare at.

I didn't tell her about Grayson staring because she would probably break his neck.

I hear Ethan calling my name and interrupting my thoughts. We were in P.E. already and he was back.

'Mannieeee'

'Yesss, sorryyy'

'I was hoping you can come over today' he smiles widely. What a cute kid.

'Of course, what for?' I ask him wondering about it.

'Uh well we can do a polaroid photoshoot.'

'Oh my God yes. That would be so awesome.'

'Also dress dark blue, I want this to be special alright?' Ethan says and I look at him confused.

'Any reasons?'

'No, I just want you happy.' he says and my hearts melt.

'Thank you. Alright, whatever you wish for' I smile to him and he nodds.

He then lowers his gaze and smiles.

'I was going to accuse you of looking at my boobs but you were looking at your neklace on me right?' I laugh and he joins me.

'Well... both actually.' he giggles and i lightly hit him.

'Ethan!'

'Just kidding, just kidding, don't worry.' he laughs again. sO uNpOliTE OmG

'Good' I laugh. I see his undereyes too as he smiles, so I remember to ask him.

'Why were you so late?' I ask and he makes a surprised look on his face.

'Oh I overslept' he says and I let it slide for now.

'Hm okay, well for toda-' Nina and Grayson interrupt me by racing into the lockers room where we were currently at.

I see a bruise on her forehead and I hear Grayson asking her if she's okay.

'What the fućk happened?' I ask as I run over to Nina.

'These assholes. Maria hit me with a ball 'on accident'.' she says, trying not to cry.

'Nina I swear you need to do something. I hate them.'

'I don't know Manuelle. I don't know.' she says quickly, her voice getting more and more quiet.

'Come here.' I say as I hug her. I didn't do that in a long time and it felt really well. She hugs me back so tightly.

'We will fix it all together' Grayson says and he joins the hug, and so does Ethan.

We soon all started lightly giggling at how touchy we got so fast and I started tickling Nina until she laughed. So did the rest of us.

Another moment that I wish it lasted forever.

***************

I have a huge inspiration, but I'm going on a trip for the next weekend. Hope you'll get a few more chapters until then. :)