- eleven -

Today, 8.53pm

Me: yoo Ethan

Me: I'm sorry that I didn't come I'm tired

Me: but tell Nina I talked to my mom since her phone is taken away

Me: we will tell her mom that she spent the night here, not at your brother's

  ✓ Delivered, 8.55pm                                                   

Today, 09.36pm

Me: Ethan wya

✓ Delivered, 09.36pm                                              

Today, 10.09pm

Me: Ethaaaaan

  ✓ Delivered, 10.09pm                                        

Today, 10.42pm

Me: is it possible that you're asleep 

Today, 11.03pm

Ethan♥: hey im sorry

Ethan♥: i didn't check my phone

Ethan♥: Nina said tysm and she will come over when she wakes up

Ethan♥: and no problem bc I was in a bitchy mood so I wouldn't like to hang out

Me: i'm just glad you're okay you asshole

Me: don't do that to me again

Me: and what's wrong

Ethan♥: nothing

Me: 'n0tHiNg'

Me: ethan srsly

Ethan♥: nothing

Ethan♥: i gtg

Me: no stay

Me: you were there when I felt upset

Me: i wanna do the same for you

Me: 11.11 :)

  ✓ Read, 11.11 pm                                         

I don't know why isn't he answering. I gained trust in him and probably liking too, but I should've known better, I hate this. I hate that I'm having second thoughts only over things like this.

Time passes in thinking, and I'm so tired but I can't sleep. It's almost 02.30 am. My head hurts because I really need sleep, but my mind isn't letting me to fall asleep. 

I keep refreshing and checking every social media I have, so I can see if Ethan is at least online. I prayed to God that he's only annoyed with me and that nothing is happening to him right now.

I wanted to give up, but then a snap appears. It was Ethan's story and I immediately click on it.

It was him in the maroon red hoodie, a mirror selfie

It was him in the maroon red hoodie, a mirror selfie. He was still awake but he didn't look happy, not even annoyed, sad or mad. He was serious. It bugged me that I couldn't read his face expression.

I recognize their bathroom, meaning he's home and I thank God for this.

I feel the need to go there. Me being me, I would give up on someone until now. If it was Nina i would just wait until the morning; but I couldn't do that this time, I couldn't give up on him. 

Feeling an unfamiliar feeling - being worried, mad, anxious and sad at the same time - I grab my hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. I turn on the light and I pull out a pain killer for my headache out of the drawer.

I was wearing flip flops, not being able to take anything else because my mom would notice me going somewhere.

I open my window before double questioning this decision, knowing I'll regret going but later I could regret not going. I try to reach the tree that was close to my window and I finally catch a branch and I start carefully going down.

Flip flops were very uncomfortable and I didn't feel good in them. I decide to jump and my foot twists because of these fucking flip flops.

I curse and continue anyway, not being able to walk properly. I just hope it isn't bleeding, but I couldn't see it because it was too dark and I didn't even care.

Despite the pain in my foot and the dark that i was so afraid, I focused on finding Ethan. 

All of the scary thoughts about monsters and immortal creatures were replaced by the ones that made me worry about Ethan. I had no idea what's going on, I've never been like this. Ethan was so special and I had a strong feeling that he wasn't fine. I would do this again even if he was fine, I just really had to check. I didn't regret any of this.

Step by step, I was aware that I'm coming closer to Ethan's house. My foot started hurting more and more, and that's what brought me back to the reality.

I was wincing and trying to find the best position for my foot, and I was also very afraid now.

I felt happy and revealed when I saw their house in front of me.

'Just a bit more' I started repeating over and over again.

As I was about to step in their front yard, I see a man with a hood over his head.

My fear got worse and pain in my foot killed me, I wasn't sure what to do or who was that.

I freeze not knowing what to do.

*****************************

Words: 730

Written: 01st April 2017

Published: 06th July 2017