Chapter 2

Olivia's POV:
I walked to the elevator after talking to "Joseph". I still think he's hiding something but it seems a little ridiculous to think he's Michael Jackson. But who was singing? It didn't sound like he was playing music off of his phone or anything.... my thoughts were interrupted by the ding of the elevator letting me know I'm on the second floor now.

I walked to my apartment door and got out my keys, already terrified of if my father was awake, he's usually passed out drunk. I quietly opened the door to find him passed out on the sofa and of course with many beer bottles surrounding him. I quietly tip towed to my room and started doing my homework.

**** 11:00 pm****

I was siting in my room listening to MJ music when I heard my mom come home. My mother works 2 jobs since my father doesn't work and so she gets home pretty late. She walked into my room, "dear how long has your father been asleep?" She asked nervously. "When I got home from school he was already asleep. Why?" I asked. "Oh gosh... he's barely breathing!" She said panicked. "What?!" I asked now also panicked. "Quick call an ambulance!" She said. It all happened so fast, one second I'm laying in bed relaxing the next my father is being put into an ambulance.

My mother went into the ambulance with my father and I was left alone at home barely knowing what's going on. It's been 3 hours since they left and I haven't gotten a call, text, nothing! Although my dad's abusive I still hope he's ok.

*ring! Ring!*
My phone started ringing, it was my mom! "Hello?!" I asked very worried. "Hi dear..." she said sadly. "Mom what's going on?! Is dad ok?!!" I panicked. "Yes sweetie... your father's ok, it turns out he drank some pills with his beer and he almost overdosed. But he's fine for now, he has to stay at the hospital for 48 hours so the doctors can make sure that's he's alright, I'm going to stay here with him. I called some neighbours but the only one of our neighbours who were still awake at this time is our neighbour from downstairs. He's gonna stay at our apartment with you for the weekend, if anything happens, you know my phone number, he should be there any minute." She said. "Ok mom... be safe, I love you." I said "I love you too dear." And we ended the call.

Just as we ended our call there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and it was Joseph! "Oh! Olivia it's you again!" The look in his eyes said he was smiling. "Hi Joseph, come on in." I stepped out of the way so he could enter my apartment. "I'm sorry to hear that your father's in the hospital, I hope he's alright" he said to me. "Thank you, me too." I said. "Um... is it ok if I take a shower? I was going to shower at my place but your mother called so I headed up here right away." "Oh yeah go ahead, it's right over there." I pointed to the bathroom. He looked at his watch "it's very late Olivia, you should head to bed." He suggested. He was right even though i didn't have school tomorrow it was already 2AM. "Mkay, goodnight Michae- I mean Joseph... sorry, it was an honest mistake." I said. I saw a look of panic flash in Joseph's eyes, but then he had a look of relief after I corrected myself. "Goodnight Olivia." He replied.

I entered my room and heard Joseph turn on the shower, he started singing.

"Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel..."

He was singing Speechless by Michael Jackson and again he sounded just like Michael. I fell asleep listening to him sing.

****Next morning****

I woke up to the sound of Joseph singing "Man in the mirror" and the sent of a delicious breakfast. I slipped out of bed and walked to the kitchen. "Smells good in here." I said, which made him jump a little. I giggled "good morning." I said. "Good morning" he said back. "Did you sleep well?" He asked "yes, your amazing at singing by the way." He chuckled "thank you." He grabbed two plates and put eggs, bacon, and pancakes on both. Wait how's he gonna eat with his mask on??? "Joseph?" I asked. "Hm?" He hummed. "How are you gonna eat with your mask on?" He froze and thought for a moment. "Hm... I'm not hungry right now." He said. Darn it! What is behind that mask?! He handed me my plate "thank you." I said "don't mention it." He smiled.

I ate my breakfast which was delicious, it had been a long time since I had a good home cooked meal as I barely see my mother and my father is always drunk or passed out. "I'm gonna take a shower." I said to Joseph who was sitting in our living room watching TV "Ok."

After my shower I headed back to the kitchen to see another plate in the sink indicating he ate his breakfast while I was in the shower. "Hey! You ate while I was in the shower?" I playfully whine. Joseph chuckles "yeah..." Joseph looks at me then frowns. "You have so many bruises, what happened?" He asks. "Oh... um... I just... fell..." I lied. He stands up and walks to me. "Olivia this is serious, tell me what happened." I look down at the floor, falling silent. "Olivia... does your dad... hit you?" He asks. I burst out crying "Oh Joseph! Please don't tell anyone!" I sob. He wraps me in his arms hugging me. "Shh... it's ok..." I sniffle and look at him. "Please! Don't tell anyone! If he finds out I told you he'll beat me up!" I beg. He rubs my back "shh... your safe with me now. Tell me what happened." He says soothingly. "Well... my dad lost his job and got really depressed then he started drinking and hitting me and my mom, Mom works two jobs so I barely see her. I'm honestly afraid to go home sometimes because he'll hit me for no reason." I cry trying to wipe away my tears. Joseph lets out a heavy sigh, "this isn't right Olivia... he shouldn't be hitting you. When I was a kid my dad would hit me all the time and I know how scary it is, I know how much it hurts..." I looked up at him and looked into his eyes, it has to be him... it just has to be.

"If you want... after your school on Monday, I could take you to the movies so you don't have to go home right away." I sniffles "really???" I asked. "Yeah!" He said. "Oh boy, I haven't been to the movies since I was 5. Yeah, yeah ok I'll go with you!" I said excitedly. It looked like he smiled, he hugged me one more time then let go. "Olivia?" He asked. "Hm?" I hummed. "Why don't you just hang out with your friends after school?" He asked. I sighed, "I don't have friends... I'm an outcast." "What??? Why?! You seem like an amazing girl!" He said. "Well the kids at school don't think so, they think I'm some weirdo or freak." I said sadly. "I know how that feels..." he whispered. It's like he's giving me hints that he's Michael Jackson!

"I'm gonna do some homework." I said and brought my binder out to the living room. "Ugh I hate math..." I said. "Do you need some help?" Joseph offered. "Yes please." He sat next to me on the floor and looked at my math. He helped me through some questions and taught me how to do it. "Thank you." I smiled. "No problem." He smiled back. "If you ever need help just stop by my apartment and ask, I'm happy to help." He said. "Ok thank you again." He turned the page in my notebook and saw my doodles of MJ. "Wow your good at drawing!" He complimented. "Aw thanks... I was just doodling."

****Later that night****

We ordered KFC for dinner and watched my favourite movie, Peter Pan which happened to be his favourite movie too! We were cleaning up and getting ready for bed when I got an idea! He can't possibly sleep with that mask on, I'll sneak into his room in the middle of the night and finally answer my question. Is he Michael Jackson?

I hope you guys enjoyed chapter 2! :)