Chapter 5

****one week later****
Olivia's POV:
We had my mother cremated and put into a necklace which I wear around my neck. "I think I'm ready to go back to school." I tell Michael. "Are you sure?" He asked, "yeah..." I sighed. "Alright, I'll have Bill drop you off on Monday." He said. "Oh no Michael, it's fine I have a ride." I told him. "You do?" He questioned. "yeah.. but I have to pay her." I said. "You don't have to pay Bill, plus I'm your legal guardian now, he will drop you off." "Thank you." I said. "No problem."

I texted my usual ride to school: "hey, you don't have to pick me up or drop me off anymore but thank you for all the rides." I waited for her response. "Your welcome Olivia, just text me if you ever need a lift."

****Monday****
Bill had dropped me off to school and I really didn't wanna be here. When I got to class I could feel everyone's eyes on me. My teacher walked up to me, "I'm sorry for your loss Olivia." She said. "Thank you..." I whispered. "Hey Olivia! Your mom probably killed herself because you're her child!" Christopher's best friend Mathew laughed and the whole class started laughing. I felt tears form in my eyes. "Mathew! That was very inappropriate! You have detention!!!" Maybe I shouldn't have gone to school today.

After school I was waiting for Bill outside of the school when somebody grabbed me, covered my mouth and pulled me behind the school. I struggled and tried to scream but they held my mouth tightly. Tears streamed down my face as I panicked. I heard the sound of duck tape and felt it being wrapped around my wrists, ankles and over my mouth I was thrown to the floor to see Christopher, Christopher's girlfriend Sofia, and Christopher's brother Jackup. They laughed at me as I was on the floor crying. "Your such a crybaby!" Christopher said. "ew! What is that disgusting thing around your neck?!" Sofia laughed. Jackup came to me and tried to remove my necklace, I screamed and tried to kick, crying and panicking, he finally got the necklace off and all I could do was helplessly watch. "What should we do with this ugly thing?" Christopher asked. Sofia smirked "I know... give it here." Oh god... what is she going to do?!! She grabbed a nearby rock. I screamed NO! Stop!!!! My screams being muffled by the duck tape. My phone dinged in my pocket and they stopped. Jackup came up to me and took my phone. "Who is Joseph Clerk?"  Michael had told me to put his contact name as Joseph Clerk. "Probably her new foster parent, what did he say?" Christopher asked. "Olivia where are you? Bill said he didn't see you when he went to your school." Said Jackup reading the text out loud. "Oh Olivia... you should really put a password on your phone. Text him back, say 'Don't worry, I'm fine just hanging out with some friends, I'll be home kinda late.'" Jackup typed it, "alright, there. I did it." He said. "Now... back to business." Sofia smiled. She placed my necklace on the floor and held the rock above it, she looked at me to make sure I was watching. Just then I heard a voice "Hey! What are you kids doing?!" They all looked up. "Run!" Christopher yelled and Jackup dropped my phone, Sofia dropped the rock and they all ran. "Oh my god! Olivia are you ok???" I saw Bill running towards me. When he got to me he removed all the duck tape and I sobbed. He rubbed my back and picked up my necklace. He handed it to me, "shh... it's ok... they're gone now, shh.."

When I got to Michae- I mean my apartment I saw Michael sitting on the sofa nervously. "Olivia! Are you alright?!" I hugged him, "no! They duck taped me and almost broke my necklace." I said. "I know, Bill told me." He said. "Everyone was making fun of me at school." I cried. "If you like... I can switch you to another school." He offered. "Yes please." I sniffled. "Ok I'll do that for you. No more crying, please it breaks my heart to see you like this." He spoke softly. I nodded and hugged him tighter. "Can you sing to me Michael?" I asked shyly. "Of course." I laid in his arms as he softly sang "Smile"

"Smile, though your heart is aching...
Smile, though your heart is breaking...
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by..."

I soon fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of Michael talking on the phone. "Yes Olivia Wilson will be switching schools." He paused and I assume the person on the other end of the call was speaking. "Ok, thank you." He walked into the living room. "Oh your awake!" He smiled. "Yeah..." I rubbed my eyes they ached from crying so much. "If it's ok with you... I got you a home school teacher. Don't worry, it will actually look great on your resume, she's a professional private teacher." My face lit up. "Yes!! It's perfect! Now I don't have to worry about bullies!" He smiled at my reaction. "Alright well I'm starving, how does KFC sound?" He asked. I laughed "it sounds great!"

Just when I thought my day was getting a little better I got an anonymous text. "Your daddy says hi... he wants me to do a little favour for him, can't wait to meet you."  My stomach turned and I suddenly didn't feel safe. Just then there was a knock on the door and I jumped. Michael was heading for the door "Michael no!" I shouted. He jumped "what?! What?!" He said alarmed. "Be careful! Who's at the door?!" I asked very paranoid. "Olivia sweetie calm down... it's probably just Bill bringing us our KFC." He said continuing to walk to the door. He opened the door and it was Bill but he looked very scared. "Hey Bill, where's the food?" Michael didn't notice. "M- Mr. Clerk... I... uh...-" suddenly a man appeared from behind Bill and shot Michael. "NO!" I screamed. I ran to him and the man who shot Michael ran off. Bill quickly got out his phone and dialled 911. What was going on?! Was Bill with that man?! Once again the police and ambulance where at my apartment.

Thanks for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed! :)