Chapter 9

BANG BANG BANG!
Someone banged on the door, Michael open the door and there my father stood. BOOM there was a gunshot and Michael fell to the floor dead.

"AH!!!" I woke up screaming, "Hey! It's ok! Shh... it was only a dream." Michael said rubbing my back trying to comfort me. After dinner Michael and I decided to watch Peter Pan, I must've fallen asleep and have a terrible nightmare. I looked at Michael, "Michael this is my second time having a dream of you being shot by my father, what if this is a sign?" I asked worried. "I'm sure it's nothing Olivia." He looked at his watch "it's getting late, you should go to sleep now you look tired." He said. I nodded and walked to my room but just then I heard:

BANG! BANG! BANG!
I quickly ran to Michael. "Don't open it!!" I shouted at Michael who was already walking to the door. "What?! Why??" Michael panicked. "This happened in my dream, it's my dad. He's here to shoot you!" I said. The look on his face said he didn't believe me. "Michael please!" I pleaded. He sighed "alright, I have an idea."

Michael's POV:
We decided to call Bill who actually lives across the street, and asked him to come into our building and walk by our apartment door to see who was there. Since Olivia's dad doesn't know Bill there is no reason he would attack Bill.

"But I've never seen Olivia's dad?" Bill questioned. "If he has a tattoo of a triangle on his arm then it's him." I told Bill. "Alright, I'm at your apartment building, I'll text you if it's him or not." Bill said before hanging up.

Olivia and I sat quietly waiting for Bill's text, the suspense killing us. BANG! BANG! There was more banging on our door. We watched as the door nob twisted violently. Just then we got a text from Bill. "It's him and he has a gun. get out the back door. I'm calling the police."

Olivia and I ran out the back door and met Bill at the front. The police had just arrived and were now entering our apartment building. When they came out sure enough they had Olivia's father in hand cuffs. When Olivia's father saw us he suddenly started struggling to be free. "Sir, please, we need you to calm down." The police officer told Olivia's father. "SHUT THE HELL UP!" He yelled and kicked  the officer in the shin. "THATS MY DAUGHTER! WHY IS SHE WITH THAT MOTHER F**KER?!!!" He screamed. Olivia's face turned red with anger. "I WILL NEVER BE YOUR DAUGHTER!" Olivia screamed back. "OLIVIA! WHEN I GET OUT, I WILL KILL BOTH OF YOU!!!" Dave screamed. "That's enough! One more word and you get 2 more years in prison Mr. Wilson!" The officer exclaimed, Olivia's father was put into the police car and they drove away.

I looked at Olivia, the poor girl looked so frightened but at the same time tired of this. She looked tired of fighting, tired of her father. I walked up to her. "Are you ok?" I asked, even though I knew she wasn't... She didn't say anything, she just looked up into my eyes with her sad filled green eyes. She looked back down at her feet. We stood there in silence for a moment, then I did the only thing I could think of doing. I took her into my embrace and hugged her tight, she cried into my chest and I kissed her forehead. "Shh... I'm here, I'll always be here."

****5 years later****
Olivia's POV:
It's been 5 years since the incident with my fathe- I mean since the incident with Dave occurred. Charlotte and I were best friends now and we're going to the mall today. Knock knock Michael knocked on my door. "Come in!" I called, I was choosing an outfit. "Charlotte's here." Michael said, walking into the room, he had his mask on. "Oh great! Tell her I'll be out in a minute." I said. I really didn't see Michael as my father I saw him more as my friend, I think he feels the same way. I'm not gonna lie I still have a tiny crush on him but who am I kidding? I'm 18 and he's 63 it will never happen! But god damn, he still looked amazing. I walked out of my room to see Charlotte waiting for me. "ready to go?" She asked. "Yup!"

Michael's POV:
I don't think Olivia knows that I know she likes me. I mean it's pretty obvious, I see the way she looks at me, ever since she was 13. But only after she hit puberty I started noticing how beautiful she was, she's always been cute but only after she hit puberty I started getting feelings for her... luckily I don't think she see's me as her father, she see's me as a friend and I like it that way. But who am I kidding? She's 18 and I'm 63, we will never happened.

Olivia and Charlotte went to the mall and I was left home alone. My phone started ringing, it was Olivia. "Hello?" I asked. "Hey Mic- I mean Joseph... I think I left my straightener plugged in, can you go into my room and unplug it please?" She asked. "Oh, yeah of course!" I said. "Great thanks Mic- Joseph... love ya bye." She said. "Love you too bye." I said.

I went into Olivia's room and unplugged her straightener. I was just about to leave her room when I noticed an open notebook on her bed. I couldn't help but go over and read it. It was her diary.

"Dear Diary,
Today I'm going to the mall with Charlotte, I'm excited to buy some new outfits but I'm also worried. It's been 5 years since Dave was arrested, that means his sentence is over and he's getting out some time this week.

Also I haven't grown out of my crush for Michael yet like I thought I would. What is wrong with me? I'm 18! He's 63! But I honestly can't help myself, he's just so sweet and gorgeous... I get butterflies around him sometimes. I never saw him as my father, he is my friend."

I blushed at the second part. I give her butterflies? That's adorable! I smiled.

****Later that night****
Still Michael's POV:
I heard the door unlocking and Olivia walked in. "Hey AppleHead." She smiled. "Hey, how was the mall?" I asked. She looked nervous. "Good..." I raised an eyebrow at her, "what's up?" I asked. She didn't say anything but she walked over to me. "Olivia?" I asked. She still didn't say anything, she sat next to me on the sofa. "Olivia??" I repeated. She just looked into my eyes with those beautiful green eyes. "This is just a dare..." she whispered and started leaning in, her lips touched mine and we shared a magical kiss. She pulled away and looked into my eyes again. I was shocked. "What do you mean it was a dare?" Was all I could ask. She looked down. "Me and Charlotte were playing truth or dare then she dared me to kiss my crush..." I didn't know what to say. "But I didn't tell her who my crush was." She continued.

Olivia's POV:
I felt a huge wave of embarrassment wash over me. But then I felt Michael lift my chin up forcing me to look up at him. "don't be embarrassed."  He smiled. But then he got a sad look on his face, he sighed "you should go for someone your age though, I'm already old Olivia, I've lived my life you still have so much to experience. And I'm in hiding, I can't let you be with me, because I want you to be free and happy. Not stuck at home with some old man." He softly spoke. "But... Michael... being with you is what makes me happy." I whispered.  We sat in silence. He started leaning in but then my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked. "Hi, is this Ms. Wilson?" A woman said. "Yes." I said. "There is someone in the hospital waiting for you." She said. I looked at Michael confused. Who could it be?

I hope your enjoying the book so far! :)