Chapter 4

Roman's P.O.V

I woke up and headed to the office earlier that usual. I had a huge business seminar in a week and because I lacked an assistant I had to do both jobs myself. I sit down in my office desk and get to work designing a power point on my company and contacting the web design team on all the updates.

I get up to grab some coffee from my machine and that's when I hear my phone ping. It was a reminder that I had to interview some barista at 10. I grab my coffee and sit back down onto my desk. Mid way through my presentation the sun peeks in signaling that the day has started for the rest of the world.

The sun was shining too brightly, the light is a huge irritation. I growl and get up to slam my curtains shut. I work for another two hours until Damon rings me.

"Yes" I say

"Rome there is a Ms Jules here for her interview." He says.

''Send her up." I say

He waits a second before whispering, "and she is hot.." he says. 

I roll my eyes and wait for a blonde, perky, makeup caked woman to walk in.  But I am shocked when I hear a gentle knock on the door. 

"Come in" I say.

The door gently opens and closes. I turn around and am dumbfounded when I see the girl from outside the grill. She stands there confidently but with a hint of shyness. Her beauty is magnified as she wears a simple blazer over a blue lace blouse and a nude skirt. Her long hair is curled and cascades down her back.

I quickly register myself and point at a seat. She sits down and pulls out her resume. I take it from her hands and start to look through trying to control my eyes from staring at the beauty in front of me. 

She keeps her head up, looking at me. But not the way women do, she looks at me waiting for an answer. There is no lust in her eyes and she doesn't do anything to grab my attention. She patiently waits for me as her eyes are now slowly scoping out my office.

I clear my throat, grabbing her attention. She looks back at me and gently smiles, my heart stops for a second as my mind tries to concentrate on the task at hand instead of the girl in front of me.

"Ms Jules, your resume states that you don't have any office experience. Why should I hire you if all you've done in serve coffees? This job calls for a lot more than that." I say coldly.

She gently smiles, " It's true that I haven't had any office experience but sir that's not all that defines me. I have worked with a large variety of people and graduated top of my class. Yes it is true this kind of work is new for me, but I know that I am fully prepared. I may not be the best but I will give this job my all. I know that I am not completely qualified but in today's time it is more important to know people than to know things. In the past few years of my life I have met people and seen the way the business world works. I can guarantee you that I will prove to be worthy for your company and give each task 110%." She says politely but with confidence.

My eyes widen in surprise at her response. She sat there kindly looking at me for a response. I was confused as to how this woman who was a nobody in the world could tell me that she could fulfill the task of a CEO's assistant. However I was intrigued and extremely needy of an assistant.

"Well since you seem so sure of yourself Ms Jules, you have the job. But I will warn you I don't tolerate any mistakes." I tell her sternly. 

She nods, "thank you sir." she says.

I pretend to not hear her. "Can you start from today?" I ask

She nods. I roll my eyes, "I would prefer a verbal answer." I say.

"I apologize, yes sir I can." She says quietly.

"Good, I need all these notes typed up, printed and in my office by noon. I'll go through all the paperwork for your job with you after lunch which is at 12 30." I tell her.

"Okay sir. Where is my office?" She asks timidly.

I get up and she follows me, I walk her next door to my office. I leave and she mutters a thank you.

I know that it will be extremely hard for her to get it all done in 80 minutes or so. Those were 15 pages of notes. I head back to my office and sit down trying to concentrate on my work. I stay focused and work on finishing the power point. I look up and see her walking through the hallway to where the printer was. She was chewing on a pen and was wearing glasses, that looked adorable on her.

The documents printed out and she went back into her office, in two minutes she walked back out and knocked on my door gently. I looked down and said "Come in".

She walks in with her glasses off and a folder in her hand. 

"These are the notes sir." She says looking down and carefully placing the folder on my desk.

I pick it up roughly and scan through all the pages. The spacing, font, size, spelling everything was correct and she still had time left. I was impressed.

"You may leave now, go ahead and take your lunch." I say without looking at her.

"Thank you sir." She says and walks out. 

I pick up the folder again and look through all the notes. Not a single mistake even the folder she put the notes into was correct. I put the folder down and looked through her resume again. How can someone with no experience whatsoever complete such a task so perfectly? 

A/N-- Thank you to anyone who has started to read this book. Please comment, vote and read ♡♡♡