Chapter 15

Quick Note- Hey everyone! Thank you for all the love! I truly like reading all your comments and it keeps me motivated to write this story. I just want to let everyone know that I can't update as frequently but I will try. It makes me so happy knowing how kind you guys are :)

Also please let me know what you guys want to see happen next. What characters do you want to see more of?

Adeline's P.O.V

I rushed back to my desk and finished my task at hand. How can he be named the devil of the business world and hold me so gently, like if he held me to hard I would shatter.

His eyes looked torn, as if he was trying to hold it together. How can someone have the world in their hands but still have lost so much. 

I shook my head and checked my phone, I had a voicemail from Axel but decided to leave that till later. I looked up to see Mr Darren looking right at me, he almost looked happy.

I quickly ducked my head and sent out the remaining emails. 

"Mr Darren, all the work is done for today. I made copies of each task and have placed them on the company drive. Is there anything else?" I said, trying to avoid his piercing gaze which was set on me.

"No you may leave early, goodbye." He said and averted his gaze.

"Goodbye." I whispered.

This has got to be the first time he has ever said goodbye or even replied to my polite gesture. I am shocked, I wonder what brought on the change.

I left his home and decided I would walk back.

The memory of him holding my face so gently cascades my mind. His beautiful eyes, his wind swept hair, his calloused but soft hands.

The light smile that fell on his lips.

The wind blew my hair backwards and I lifted my hand to push back the strands of hair that flew in front of my face. The wind kissed my skin so lightly and my heart wished it was his hand fixing my hair for me.

I felt crazy, insane. 

How can I be so cliche? 

My entire life I've lived by the rules, no risks and no secrets. Everything was pure and simple, that's practically how I am.

Why do I feel so daring and complicated, why am I feeling in ways that I shouldn't?

Is this just attraction?

I was brought back from my thoughts by my phone buzzing, a reminder of the voicemail on my phone. I brought the phone up to my ear and pressed play...

Hey Ember get your fat ass home soon tonight, we're ALL going out tonight to get turnt, See you soon hun

I laughed lightly to myself as I knew there was no way I could fake sick or make up an excuse tonight. I sighed and raked my hand through my hair, thinking of what I had in my closet appropriate for a club.

I reached home and headed to my room.

I plopped down onto my bed and closed my eyes letting out a loud comforting sigh at the feeling of my memory foam mattress.

Home Sweet Home 

I opened my eyes and saw his face hovered over mine.

I shut my eyes and opened them again and he was gone. What is wrong with me? Why am I behaving like a teenage girl who just got her first crush?

Come on Ade, it's just a silly crush, nothing more girl.

I texted Axel asking his where and when I'm supposed to meet them, he replied instantly thanking me for not being stubborn and telling me to reach SUNSET at 10pm.

Seeing as I had a lot of time I ran a bubble Epsom salt bath to soothe myself. I played some music and went into the tub.

I sat there for maybe two hours before I reluctantly stood up and wrapped a towel around myself. I put on my slippers and headed to my closet.

I picked up my nude heels and my red body-con dress with a V neckline. I layed them both onto my bed and decided to do my hair and makeup first. I curled my hair tightly and applied some simple makeup; eyeliner, dark red lipstick and mascara. 

I put on my heels and grabbed my phone, slipping two $20 bills into the case. I went to the front of my building and called a cab to take me to SUNSET.

At the Club- Adeline's P.O.V

Axel and Willow were taking shots next to me.

One after the other the two were completely drunk, they both looked at each other and smiled wide, their teeth shining in the light.

They grabbed my hand and dragged me onto the dance floor with them. 

They started swinging their hips and moving their lips, extremely crazily!

Comin' over in my direction

So thankful for that, it's such a blessin', yeah

Turn every situation into heaven, yeah

Oh-oh, you are

My sunrise on the darkest day

Got me feelin' some kind of way

Make me wanna savor every moment slowly, slowly

You fit me tailor-made, love how you put it on

Got the only key, know how to turn it on

The way you nibble on my ear, the only words I wanna hear

Baby, take it slow so we can last long

They kept pushing  me to dance and my hips couldn't handle the steadiness, so I started to groove. My hips moved to the beat and all those dance parties were paying off as my hips started to shake in a rhythmic way.

Despacito

Quiero respirar tu cuello despacito

Deja que te diga cosas al oído

Para que te acuerdes si no estás conmigo

Despacito  

Axel and Willow shouted happily. They started to match my rhythm and groove with me. Some guys tried to grab my hips but I pushed them away. Never been that kind of girl. Axel and Willow started to salsa with one another and I knew that meant I could slip away.

I headed to the bathroom, but a tall figure staring at me caught my eye. He stepped into the light and my eyes widened when I realized it was Mr Darren.

"Uh, hello sir." I said confused as to what to do.

"You have the rest of the week off, I'll be out of town." He said not meeting my gaze.

"Alright have a safe trip." I said with a smile.

He nodded his head and left the club, strange I thought. Did he come all the way here to tell me that? Was he just coincidentally here? 

I decided to leave it but then my thoughts went back to the email on his laptop, I didn't see much besides Optometrist and overnight observation.

I mean why would he tell me about his personal business. Why am I worrying? 

I sat by the bar and drank my lemon and cucumber soda.

Strange day...