Chapter 7

Adeline's P.O.V

A week has passed since I have started the job. Each morning a list of tasks would be emailed to me. The past week was pretty much just finishing the work that hadn't been done yet. There were no meetings as everyone has been focused on the business conference that is happening in two days. Mr Darren has informed everyone that will be there to arrive at the hotel at 6:00 am and set up for 8:00 am.

He has made it pretty clear that nothing can go wrong with this conference, he seems extremely eager to get fundings and investments for our research and development team. 

I have been having lunch with Jax and Riley (who is an extremely funny woman who works with the human resources department). Nya and I have gotten to know each other a lot better and she is a lot more shy then she seems. She eats lunch with us once in a while otherwise her boyfriend comes to pick her up.

Today has gone by pretty quickly as the preparation was all done yesterday. I have just finished typing up the schedules for everyone who is attending and emailed them to Mr Darren. My work is over and I head to Mr Darren's office.

I gently knock at his door.

"Come in" He demands, over the past week I have learnt that he does not speak at a normal tone, it is either demanding or yelling.

"Mr Darren I have completed today's work. Is there anything else you would like me to do?" I ask.

He looks up at me and nods me over to one of his seats, "Take the pass in front of you, it is for the conference on Monday, do not be late." He says.

"Is there anything el-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"You're done for the day, you may leave." He says sternly.

I nod, "Have a good weekend sir, I'll see you Monday" I say and smile.

He looks at me and holds my gaze for a second until he goes back to his work. Even though he does not reply back I like to wish him a good night, force of habit I guess.

I head back home and change into a pair of sweatpants and a long sleeve. I grab my camera and head out to take some photos. I decide to go to main street which is a place full of little shops and cafe's. By the corner there is a beautiful park and bridge and on the other side there is an adorable flower shop. I remind myself to stop by there to pick up some flowers for Willow as she was just promoted.

I arrive and start at the park and bridge and take a few close up shots there, I walk around taking pictures of shops, alleyways and the evening sky. I look through all my photos and smile at the progress I have made. I put my camera into my backpack and head to Petals, the flower shop.

Dylan Darren's P.O.V (Roman's Father)

I head home after having dinner with my daughter, she decides to go home and return tomorrow morning to spend the weekend with us. Roman had said he would come visit tomorrow but that boy can't keep a promise. I drive by main street and see a small flower shop, Petals says the sign.

Why not pick up some flowers for my wife? I park my car and head inside.

Knowing how much my wife loves blue orchids, I search around for a bundle of those. There is one bundle left, as I walk towards them a young woman catches my eye, she picks up the orchids and smiles.

She looks towards me and smiles, she hands me the bundle.

"How did you know I wanted these?" I ask her amused.

"Well sir your smile did drop as soon as I picked them up." She says.

"Are you sure?" I ask the beautiful young lady.

"Yes I am and I am sure that my friend much prefers these pink roses." She tells me.

"Thank you young lady" I tell her sincerely, she nods and smiles in my direction.

Her aroma is so similar to Vivian's (His wife). She is graceful, beautiful, kind and radiant. I wish Rome found a woman like her, but I know well not to interfere with his personal life.

I head to the counter and see her helping out the owner, an old woman. She skillfully binds together flowers and hands them to the customer with a smile on her face. She wraps up her own roses and puts $10 in the cash register. 

I head up and she takes the orchids and wraps them into a lovely white bow.

"If I may ask who are these for?" She questions.

"My wife." I smile.

"Well I believe that she will adore them." She tells me.

"They are her favorite" I tell her.

"She has good taste." She says, I nod.

I look at her placing the flowers into a thin vase, she seems like a rose in a garden full of bushes. Her beauty shines from outside and within.

She hand them to me gently, "have a nice night" She tells me.

"What about the money?" I ask her.

"It is rare to see a man who still buys his wife flowers. Don't worry about it, it's on me" She says.

"You are a remarkable young woman" I tell her sincerely.

"Thank you sir. Have a good night." She says with a gentle smile.

"You too" I say.

I drive home, smiling at this woman who hands a millionaire a bundle of flowers for free. Being in this business I have seen people make me and my family pay more than we need to just because we have money but this woman who sees me drive a Ferrari and dress in an ARMANI suit gives me $20 flowers for free. She pays for them for me.

I arrive at my mansion.

"Honey these are for you" I say to my wife as I teasingly get on my knees and bow my head while handing her the bouquet.

"Why thank you kind sir. They are lovely." She mocks me and places a kiss on my cheek.

We head to our patio and I tell her all about the woman from the florist shop.

"That's amazing, what a kind woman." She remarks, surprised.

"It feels good to know that there are people in the world like her" I say.

"It does, I hope our son can find a woman like that" She says.

"Me too" I whisper as we both look into the evening sky...