Chapter 18

Roman's P.O.V

Rose had come in this morning and we have been talking since 8 am. I told her all about last night and how I was finally ready to deal with that chapter of my life. She cried from happiness as she and I had grown distant. We caught each other up on our lives and we are both extremely happy with this new decision I have made.

My parents asked me about therapy, which I declined kindly.

The gesture was sweet, but I truly don't need anyone other than my family and friends right now.

All four of us are gathered around the patio outside, my mother has informed us all that she has invited someone over for the day and they will be joining us for breakfast.

"Do I know this person?" Rose asked for the tenth time.

"Child asking a question over and over again won't make me respond. I made you, where do you think you get your curiosity from?" My mom responded with sass.

"Then shouldn't you just tell me because you know how much it sucks to have unanswered questions." She replied.

"Nope, simply because I don't want to." She said while sticking out her tongue childishly.

My father and I laughed.

My ma has always been like this, she is more of a child than we are.

My dad said it is one the reasons he fell in love with her, she kept his world refreshing and exciting.

As breakfast was placed on the table the doorbell rang which my mother raced to answer. A few moments later she walked in and my head sprung up at the sound of the too familiar laugh.

There stood Adeline in all her glory.

She was wearing dark washed jeans and a tight white V neck tucked in.

Her hair was tightly curled and she was laughing brightly at something my mother had said.

I turned to see my sister smirking at me as she rushed up to introduce herself to her.

"Hi I'm Rose it's nice to meet you." She said while pulling Adeline in for a hug.

"Hey, I'm Adeline it's nice to put a face to the name." She said.

"Oh gosh what has my mother told you?" Rose asked.

"Nothing to be concerned over." Adeline said with a wink.

They laughed and my dad stood up to greet Adeline.

"Rose I invited Adeline to go shopping with us today so we can pick out gowns for the ball coming up." My mom told Rose.

"Thank the lord, I thought I would be stuck with you and dad again." Rose said dramatically.

"Well than you'll be happy to hear that all of us are going. Right Rome?" My mom directed at me.

"Of course." I said with a smile.

As we all start breakfast and make conversation as we eat I feel a tap on my hand, I look over to see Adeline trying to get my attention.

"What's wrong?" I whisper.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay with me being here sir." She whispered, I grinned internally, laughing at the fact that she was being so professional.

"I'm glad you're here and outside of work it's Rome." I whispered back.

"Thank you, I'm glad Vivian invited me Rome." She whispered with a smile.