Chapter 16

Hey everyone
Thank you for all the reads and love. I enjoy reading your comments alot, what do you think will happen next? Also just a reminder that I cant update frequently.

Roman's P.O.V

I walked out of the club as fast as I could, practically running to my car.

A few moments before...

I had walked into the club for a drink, I wasn't one to go out alone but I needed something strong. But before I could even get to the bar a red dress caught my eye.

Beautifully sculpted legs with a light tan,

a perfect length body hugging dress that showed a perfect amount of cleavage,

bouncy curls

and the most amazing smile in the world.

Adeline was in the middle of the dance floor grooving her hips in a rhythm that was driving me insane. Her hips shook side to side incredibly.

I didn't even realize when she stopped and made her way towards me, I quickly said a few words and left.

I got into my car and instructed the driver to head towards my parents home. The ride there was silent, I refused to concentrate on her so I simply did my emailing and work in my car laptop. I felt my chest tighten and my head pound.

As soon as I arrived I used my key and headed inside, our house maid told me that my parents are out for a walk and should be returning shortly.

"Tell them I'll just be resting in my room." I instructed her. 

She nodded her head in understanding.

I headed to my childhood bedroom. Blue walls and soccer trophies. Tons of pictures covered the bookshelf, I really wasn't much of a reader but as a child I had a huge collection of ARCHIE comics and Geronimo Stilton books. I walked to my nightstand where I kept a large family photo.

My mum, dad, sister Rose and I.

This was right after Rose's high school graduation.

One of my last happy memories.

We all stood alongside one another with our arms wrapped around each other. 

Rose and I had scrunched our faces up at one another in fake pure disgust. 

Even in heels she stand at 5'2, making her face look adorable on such a petite body, she looked like a child. I missed my sister, I really did.

Above my bed was a huge trophy case filled with soccer, squash, business and technology awards that I had won between 6th grade and 2nd year of university.

I tossed my stuff aside and changed into sweats and a t-shirt.

I laid down in bed while massaging my forehead. 

It has been years since I had dated a woman seriously and I was never planning on doing so again, it was never even an issue because I was simply never attracted to a woman like that.

Then why am I being punished like this years later.

I turned over and stared at my red desk lamp, it kept flickering until it went off...

I heard a knock on my door and my parents came in.

I smiled gently at them as my mum pushed past my father and wrapped her arms tightly around me while repeating "my baby's home".

My father chuckled in the background, laughing at my mom's antics.

I hugged her back gently, her lavender smell suffocating my breath. 

My dad came and gave me a side hug, while trying to pry my mum off me.

"Honey I think he's turning blue." My dad said.

"I'm sorry this is just the first time he's ever come home on his own, without any blackmail." She said while reluctantly letting me go.

My parents told me to come down and join them for some coffee and cookies and as typical as it is my mom does make the world's best cookies.

I headed out until something caught my eye, it was a cane hidden under my desk. My smile dipped downwards and I ran down the stairs to the garden.

I sat with my parents, dazed and not really paying attention.

"So Rome how is Adeline? I really miss that girl, she's such a light." My mum said.

My chest tightened slightly.

"Fine." I replied while reaching for another cookie.

"Well you know if she wants I can set her up with a very nice man-" I cut her off,

"Ma I don't think her love life is any of my business." I said.

She just lightly smiled and gave my dad a side look.

'' How are the preparations going for the ball?" My dad asked.

"Pretty good, just a few small details left." I said

"Will Adeline be there?'' My mum asked.

"She is my assistant so I guess so." I said a little annoyed my mom kept bringing her up.

"Oh goody, then we can go dress shopping together." My mom said happily.

"What about Rose?" I ask.

"She can come too." She said.

My parents eventually got wrapped up in conversation so I pulled out my phone and decided to reply back to doctor Benjamin, telling him that I will be there on time and that overnight observation is fine.

"So Rome I was wondering if you wanted us to go with you to your appointment?" My dad asked.

"I'll be fine." I said

" Well we would like to come." He said.

"It's your choice." I replied.

"Its pretty late I should head to bed. Goodnight." I said.

I started to walk back towards my room as I heard faint goodbyes, I stopped when I heard them mention my name.

"I worry about Rome." My mum says.

"We're doing our best, at this point he has to help himself." Says my dad.

"I wish he would just go back to being happy." She says a little squeakily, meaning she was crying.

"He was blind for five years of his life, how do we help him recover from that." My dad says.

"I want him to let us help him." She says.

"We all do honey." My dad says.

I head back to my room and rush to the back of my closet, rummaging through random clothes, books and games until I find it.