Chapter 9: The Good Aren't Always Good pt.1

A white string of puffy clouds escape my mouth. My brain eased from the tense headache that leeched itself on the pain behind my eyes. I raised the warm, soft white stick to my lips. It's touch melted onto my lips as I took another hit.

I watched the smoke travel up to the night sky, float across the stars and disappear in the darkness. My eyes travelled to the crescent moon that positioned itself to look like a smile. Not a good smile though. It was the kind of smile that sent chills down your spine and gave you the feeling of being in danger. With the moon, the night seemed to laugh wickedly with all the dangers and blood spilling monsters that thrive on that scared feeling. The kind of monsters that would watch from a distance with only the words "kill" in their brains. The kind that would stay in the darkness.....

....just waiting for a chance to attack.....

"Jake!" Travis snapped his fingers loudly. "You keep dazing out. What you scared now Jakey baby?" he smirked tauntingly he was a small boy with light brown eyes and soft but manly face and bones for muscles..... I could easily break him in two. I clenched my fists to keep myself from killing him. No killing. Not yet anyway....

"I wouldn't taunt him when he's already angry man; he'll probably beat you up till your unrecognizable David said, awkwardly perched in an old tree swatting away mosquitoes "Even though that would be more of a blessing than a punishment" he mumbled under his breath.

He's a tall, about 5"11 fun Jamaican dude that moved here a couple years ago. He's like a brother to me and probably the only one here with common sense.

"Sooo can we get going or is bab- I mean are you chickening out?" Travis asked, taking shelter behind his glowing orange bud.

We were all currently hiding in Laila Nolastname's backyard at 9:00in the night..... Because we are going to pull a prank on her. It's a form of revenge for what she did to me.

You see, at school we have the normal high school clichés. My friends and I are the "bad boy" clichés. You know the ones with cigars, leather jackets and motorcycles that have waayyy too much jell in their hair and a personality you don't really want to mess with if you have some or little common sense? Well apparently some people don't understand that they shouldn't mess with things you don't understand. Clichéd sweetheart " Vanessa Scarlett " was one person who clearly underestimated me...

Flashback

~it's my third cigarettes for the day. I think I'm getting close to an addiction. The warm touch, the loose feeling.... I just keep wanting more. I walk out of my science class; Mr. Abrahams didn't even act like he noticed. My teachers don't even bother to stop me anymore. I walk around to my usual corner at the back of school; teachers turn a blind eye to me. I sat down and whipped out my fourth cigarette for the day and lighter .as if on routine, my hands quickly lighted it and my lips parted an opening. As if anticipating its taste. " smoking kills" I look at the words printed in bold that I've read a little over a million times. Those words have no effect on me.

I threw the empty box for a shot at a goal in the garbage bin. It fell at least three feet in front of it...

"Whatever.." I sighed and leaned against the cold wall that's oh so familiar. Soon I found my eyes shutting down. Blink....blink...blink...

Darkness.

It was peaceful and quiet. Then I'm suddenly running but I have no legs. Sudden dread and fear washed over me causing to suddenly scream for my life. "She's going to kill me!" I thought. A white shadow appeared right in front of me. It was in the shape of a beautiful girl. She had no face. She looked more like white soul. She was all white except a black void in the shape of a heart on her chest. She had no eyes, just black sockets running bloody waterfalls down her face. Oozing into her wide picture perfect smile; stained white and black red teeth. Bubbles of blood popping from her mouth, staining the basement floor as she sang with her voice so smooth and velvet: