Ryker Dare

*Ring Ring* I picked up my phone and saw my best friend, Brea Darby (HollywoodRunner7 ). "Hey! What's up?" I asked since she called out of the blue. "There is this party tonight! It's just a Sweet Sixteen for Rose (BloodRoseLuna198 )!" "Oh yea her birthday!"She squealed because she knows I am going to say yes. "Ok! Yes I'll go. But you have to let me barrrow a dress." "Ok! Get over here and let's get ready!"
We were all ready and headed over to Rose's house. "Hey Rose! Happy 16!!!!" I greeted her. She's my other best friend and I don't know what I'd do without her! And she feels the same.
We walked over to get some drinks, I wasn't looking where I was going. I was just looking at my friends when I collided with a wall. Except this wall had arms, which wrapped around me to keep me from falling. "Oh I'm sor..." I stopped short at the being I just literally ran in to! He was so hot I think I melted right there in his arms. His slightly spiked light brown hair. His bright blue eyes, that looked oddly familiar. He was true perfection in his leather jacket and black v-neck. He had on faded blue jeans and what looked like cowboy boots with a cowboy hat sat atop his head. "Hi there!" He said when I had finished checking out his face. "Hi." I blushed and looked down. Then he pulled my chin up to look at him. "The names Ryker. Ryker Dare." The way he said it reminded me of some western. "Everest. Everest Stone." I replied the same way. He had a quick look of surprise at my last name but it quickly faded. "Would you like to dance?" He asked. "But this isn't a slow song." I responded. "Then we'll dance until there is one." He smirked and pulled me into the dance floor. At this time I finally looked back and pleaded for help with my eyes to Rose and Brea. But they just mouthed Get Some!
We dance for a while before a slow song came on. "This is my favorite song!" I said as American Spirit by Thomas Rhett came on. "Well looks like I'll have to dance good!" He smiled at me and twirled me around. (Written by BloodRoseLuna198 check out her books she's a really good writer) "Then maybe you should try harder." I grin. "HEY!! My dancing skills are perfect." He retorts. I laugh.
We continue dancing. I finally allow myself to take in my surroundings. I look at Ryker, his dark brown hair barely visible underneath his light tan cowboy hat. His dark wash jeans and cowboy boots look good on him. "You know, those jeans and boots don't go well with that leather jacket, Ryker." I tease. "Well at least my dress doesn't make my boobs look twice as big as they actually are." He smirks. "Hey I am very happy with my B's ok?" I joke. He laughs. "Ok then, Everest. Whatever you say. But I think I like them more than you do." He finished with a wink.
We dance and dance. What feels like hours turns out to be minutes. We don't speak. We just enjoy the dance.

Suddenly, Ryker speaks up. "You are gorgeous Everest."

I almost stop dancing. "W-what?..."

"You're gorgeous. That dress makes you stand out a lot. And your the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." I feel my face heat up. "Thank you, Ryker. You.....You look very nice, too." I look down. I feel embarrassed. You look nice? What kind of compliment is that?! He just called me gorgeous!!! UGH I am not meant for this kind of thing. My face is burning. I know I'm still dancing with him, but I can't feel it.
I feel a hand gingerly grasp my chin and pull my head upward. "Don't look down. It obscures my view of your beautiful eyes." Ryker announces soothingly. "But if I don't look down, I can't see your big feet." I laugh. "Ha ha very funny, small hands." I gasp dramatically. "I can't believe you roasted me. Oh whatever will I do?!" He chuckles.
We stare into each other's eyes for an extended amount of time, continuing our slow dance. Finally, I realize Shut Up And Fish is playing and is almost over. "Ryker, you and I have been slow dancing through an upbeat song." I giggle. "It seems we have." (End of BloodRoseLuna198 's part) "So are the boots a fashion statement or a lifestyle?" I ask Ryker. "Lifestyle. I have a horse." "Really?!" I ask excitedly. "Yeah, what about you?" "I have three horses. My old retired mare, my mare, and my sister's mare." "All mares! Good then yours should get along with my mare." He smiled. "Ha good!" "Everest let's go!" My friends yelled pulling me away from Ryker. "Here is my number if you ever want to go riding." He smiled before kissing my cheek goodbye as I was dragged off by my friends.