02 | cuts

「 top!harry  //  bot!draco 」

Midnight, Harry finally came back home. It had been two years since the war ended. But still, nothing was guaranteed to be safe. He was still in danger. He, and his lovely poppet.

"Poppet?" He quietly whispered as he emtered the bedroom. The light was off, which meant his lover must have gone to bed. The thick silence suffocated Harry as he felt uneasy.

Draco has been feeling quite down these days due to the fact that he never forgave himself for turning to the dark side. Though Harry had told him a thousand times that it wasn't his fault, he still blamed himself.

Draco cut himself, loads of times. When Harry went to work, Draco would stay in bed and silently cried. He would cut himself whenever Harry wasn't around. He couldn't bare the pain, he just couldn't. The only way for him to stop was to cry himself to sleep.

"Poppet?" Harry called again, starting to feel worried.

He climbed onto the bed, lovingly rubbed the blond's back. He swore he could hear small muffles as the other boy was crying.

"Love, it's alright. I'm here." He laid down next to the boy, hugging him tightly in attempt to make him feel safe. He slowly raised Draco's wrist up to check if there had been any cuts.

And there were, a couple of them. Freshly new cuts was still bleeding, making the boy look even paler than he had already looked. He was sickly thin, dried tears stained on his cheeks. He looked pathetic, he looked defeated.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I couldn't help it." Draco cried, trying not to burst into tears.

"No, love. There's nothing to be sorry about." The raven-haired male kissed his lover's neck, yearning to ease the blond's pain. He wished to help Draco to gain back his energy, to be the proud Slytherin he once was. He loved Draco so much it hurt him to see the depression state Draco was in.

"Sleep tight, poppet. I love you."

"I love you." Draco softly smiled.