06 | dreamless

「 neutral 」

It was midnight when Harry woke up from his sleep. Heartbeats were pounding faster than ever, his body was covered in sweat and his eyes wide-opened with horror. His lips were trembling, trying to say something but no words were able to come out.

Second night was it, when he decided to move on with his life after Draco's death. Nearly three years had passed and still, he was stunned everytime he went home as he called out Draco's name in despair and heard no answers in return.

Everynight, when he went to bed, the visions of the horrifying memories kept coming back to haunt him. The blinding flash of green light, the sudden tight grip on his collar as his once beautiful boy ran towards him in a blink of an eye to take the killing curse for him, the tears streaming down his cheeks as he witnessed his lover slowly collapsed to the ground.

It was all my fault, he had been telling himself the same words for the passed three years. The visions, the scenes were always clear and vivid, as if he was there again, again and again. He remembered that time, when Draco hugged him tightly, burying his head in Harry's neck as the killing curse shot Draco painfully. Harry remembered seeing the lights being shut down in Draco's eyes, he remembered how the blond had fallen to the ground, still holding onto Harry's hands with a fainted smile plastered on his pale pink lips.

Ever since then, Harry had to take the Dreamless sleep potion in order to be able to go to sleep. He couldn't live with the pain of losing Draco, not to mention the suffering from the dreams he had been getting.

The potion soon turned into an addictive drug he couldn't give up. His eyes started to look dead, his body was as skinny as a human-being could be. He barely went outside anymore. Or at least, not until Ron and Hermione had to come over and drag him out of the apartment him and Draco used to live in together.

"Look, Harry. I don't know Malfoy as well as you do. But if he really did love you, I bet he wouldn't want to see you like this, all fragile and vulnerable." That was how they had persuaded him to stop using the potion.

But without it, he was living in a nightmare, the worst one. He, once again, lost a deary person whom he loved wholeheartedly.