08.1 | chapped lips

「 quite neutral 」

It was early in the morning when Harry got his Christmas present delivered. The snowy owl named Hedwig stood outside the window, constantly knocking with her small beak in attempt to wake her owner up.

Harry opened the window and let Hedwig in. She was holding a small green and silver present box with a neatly-folded card.

As he was looking at the box, he wondered who had sent him this. Most of his presents were always placed under the Christmas tree. Opening the card which said "read when you're in private", he looked around and checked to see if anyone else was peeking, then continued reading the card.

"Potter,

Screw the 'marry Christmas' thing cause I'm not gonna wish you a merry Christmas.

It's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. And this isn't a present for you, I just thought it would be a proper occasion to give you this.

Now open up the box firstly, then continue."

Harry was confused. Malfoy asked Hedwig to deliver a very well-wrapped box to him, if that wasn't a Christmas gift then he had no idea what the bloody hell it was.

Anyway, he opened the box and saw a jar of lip balm. Alright?

He expected anything stupid from Malfoy, but a jar of lip balm? This was beyond what the word "strange" could describe. At first, he thought it was a joke and something dangerous was inside. But curiousity took over and he decided to open the jar.

Harry was welcomed by the pretty shade of pastel pink. The sweetly minty scent of the lip balm greeted his sense of smell. He then immediately thought of the simillar minty scent which belonged to Draco. Shamelessly sniffing in the pleasant lovely scent, he couldn't help but smile widely.

Harry continued reading the letter.

"Yes, lip balm. I know it's confusing, but hear me out.

Your new habit of licking your lips is driving me insane, Potter. I hate your stupid lips and I definitely do not fancy staring at you licking your lips. I don't know if it was because your lips were chapped or not. So I decided to buy you a lip balm, in case they were.

Again, stop licking your lips. And merry Christmas, Potter.

D. Malfoy"

"And he said screw the 'merry Christmas' saying." Harry laughed upon the adorable note Draco wrote. And he knew exactly how to thank Draco for the thoughtful gift.