12 | liars

neutral

w a r n i n g : non-magical!au // lowercase intended

the darkness of the night poured over the dense atmosphere as he kept his hands firm on the steering wheel. clouds misted his grey eyes, covering up every bit of mixed emotions that were messing with his head. the boy sitting beside him was the opposite, harry had completely broken down from the previous event. his hands were unconsciously shaking, face as pale as a sheet of paper. and lights, the emerald green shade once shining in his eyes, were gone for good.

with his hair messed up and wound still bleeding from his forehead, it took him a good deal of time before he managed to utter a word.

"um, draco..."

"yes, harry?"

"are you sure we're doing the right thing?"

draco bit his lips, finding the question rather hard to answer truthfully. the car stopped all of a sudden as draco frustratedly ruffled his hair, making harry regret his decision to ask out loud.

"it's fine, really. you don't have to give me an answer, dray. i totally unders-"

before he could finish his sentence, he was cut off by a pair of soft lips pressed onto his. draco's blood-stained hands cupped harry's cheeks, sending a shiver down his spine.

only when they were both out of breath, did draco finally let go of harry.

"love, do you trust me?" he carefully asked, looking straight into the boy's green eyes.

"i trust you with my whole life." he replied in a heartbeat, not wanting his lover to have any doubts in their relationship.

"then i'll tell you. it's not the right thing, but it indeed is what needs to be done."

thick clouds of cold silence wrapped around the car as neither of them said a word. draco's grey eyes had softened at the sight of a scared harry, he pulled the raven-haired male into an embrace, lightly stroking his messy hair to let him know they were going to be alright.

"let's get this over with."

harry quietly whispered, receiving a nod in agreement from the other.

the blond continued to drive steadily until they reached the edge of a cliff, which led to the town river.

the boys got off the car, silently dragging the heavy body-bag out of the backseat. the feelings of touching a dead body terrified both of them to death. still, there was no time for freaking out. they quickly threw the body bag into the river after making sure no one was watching or following.

"deary, should we be feeling sorry?"

"no, once a liar, always a liar. that's what we do, harry, we lie and we keep the truth safe from the foul eyes of morons."