date part 2

novella's pov:

we were a carnival. it may seem cliche but i really love places like this; it makes you feel like a kid again. i step out of the car and zach immediately grabs my hand into his which makes my stomach flutter with excitement. this is gonna be a great night.
***
"just one more ride pleaseee!" zach begs as he pulls me towards the ferris wheel.

"fine but we're getting food afterwards," i sigh in defeat.

"YAYYYY!" zach yells in his signature weird voice.

we stand in line for what seems like forever but it was actually only 15 minutes. the instructor person leads us to our cart which is ironically blue, my favorite color, and starts the ride up again. i've always been afraid of heights so my anxiety immediately starts up and my leg begins to bounce up and down. zach takes notice to my actions and puts a hand on my thigh in reassurance. i smile at him and intertwine his fingers with mine, i feel safe. we get to the top of the ferris wheel and all the lights from the ride are glowing vibrantly with every color of the rainbow, it's really nice. the ride stops and we sit in silence to take in the view, but the silence is soon cut short when i hear zach call my name quietly.

"novella?" he says shyly.

"hm?" i make eye contact with him and smile.

"can i um... kiss you?" he asks scratching the back of his neck.

"no." i say seriously.

he looks down at his lap and sighs. i can't take it any longer so i pull his face towards mine and kiss him. i feel every emotion i felt that day he kissed me, the day i fell in love with zachary reed clayton. i pull back as the ride starts to move again and zach just looks at me in shock.

"but you said no." he questions.

"it was a joke silly!" i say in his voice and laugh.

we get off the ride and begin walking to the car, our hands intertwined, and a smile on both of or faces. this was truly one of the best nights i've had in a very long time.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-