Chapter 22

Bethany re-entered the police department. Most people were walking around quickly while others sat looking exhausted and maybe even traumatized. She wore blue jeans with a white top and a tan cardigan to go with it, which entirely covered her burnt arm.

She walked over to Joe and Barry, her hands shoved tensely into the pockets of her sweater to ignore the intense sting of her arm.

"Snart's new partner, he's got this handheld flame-thrower. Luckily he didn't make it his mission to target the police, but he did-"

"Hey," Bethany interjected, causing the two to look at her, Joe more worriedly than Barry.

"Are you okay," Joe asked quickly.

"Peachy," she smiled weakly, shifting her arm uncomfortably. "They got away," she looked down in thought. "I should have gone after them, but-"

Suddenly, someone rested their hand onto the blonde's arm having no idea of the harm they were causing. Luckily, Bethany maintained her composure, barely flinching when she looked up at Eddie, but she was gritting her teeth to keep from yelping in pain.

"Hey, you never showed up," he looked from Barry to Joe, then back to Bethany.

"Something happened," she said quickly, almost gasping for air from his light, but firm grip. "Couldn't be helped." Her voice slightly cracked, alerting Joe and Barry something was wrong. "I'm sorry, I heard it didn't go so well."

"Snart brought along some guy, he had a similar gun, but it shot fire instead. Lucky for us, Dash showed up. I think we'd have a few officers in the hospital if she hadn't-."

"Thawn," Captain Singh yelled for Eddie. He gave an apologetic look before walking away. The blonde sighed in relief and casually gripped her arm so no one outside the group suspected much.

"He get you that bad," Joe asked.

"The feeling of being burned alive hasn't gone away," her voice became slightly higher from the pain, "so yeah."

Joe looked at her sadly before facing Barry.

"Next time Snart and his pyro pal show up, you make them sorry they ever messed with you." Barry nodded, finally seeing the intensity of the situation. He began to walk away while adding, "you should take her to StarLabs."

~~~

"You know, Caitlyn makes this look a lot easier," Cisco laughed lightly dabbing Bethany's arm with a wet cloth since Caitlyn had gone to talk to some guy about FIRESTORM.

The blonde's arm looked almost foreign with her skin nearly burnt to the bone. It was extremely inflamed and looked like raw meat. Barry sat quietly to the side.

"I could just do it-" she reached up to take the towel out of his grip, but he swatted her hand away, "-myself," she finished with a fake annoyed voice.

"You aren't doing this stuff by yourself anymore. You should let other people help you every once in a while." He finally set the cloth down before reaching for the gauze. It got quiet for a moment before his eyes lit up. "If this is what your arm looks like, I'd hate to see your suit," he commented, almost hinting at something with his voice.

"Oh, yeah," Bethany mumbled annoyed, while Cisco maneuvered around her arm. "My jacket is completely ruined. Unless I want to run around with huge holes in my side, I'll have to buy a new one," she paused in thought. "Aw man, I really liked that jacket," she pretended to wipe a tear away from her green eye.