Chapter 23

The song is Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes. I recommend listening to it during this chapter.

So, does anyone remember when Eiling was in a chapter and I said it wouldn't be relevant for a little while? No? Well my bad, it was like seven chapters ago. Anyways, if you want to go back and recap I believe it is at the very end of chapter 15.

Enjoy.

~~~

"Subject was found inside base walls, no ID, and was armed with several high-class military weapons," he paused pulling on a pair of latex gloves before continuing. "Tell me, who are you working for?"

The prisoner remained quiet, slightly pulling at the cuffs that tied him to the uncomfortable, wooden chair.

"So, you want to do this the hard way," he gripped the mans chin, forcing the trapped figure to look at him. "I'll give you one last chance. Who are you working for?"

The man used the one self defense he had and spit on Eiling's face, causing him to back away in disgust. He cleaned off his face with a slightly dirty handkerchief before laughing.

"Now, this is all on you. The only way I will stop, is if you tell me who you are working for."

The general walked to a small table, picking up several small, metal tools before deciding he liked one with a knife-like end the best.

He walked back slowly, attempting to build up a fear in the young man.  To his liking, the white boy's breathing sped up and a tightness followed up his throat.

Suddenly, Eiling stabbed the metal into the man's leg, a loud grunt leaving his lips before he became quiet again, but his breathing remained rough.

"You're a tough one," he smiled before walking back over to the table and grabbed a pair of pliers, "this is going to be fun."

~~~

The door to Barry's apartment was unlocked when the blonde arrived. She entered without knocking and quickly noticed the brunette sitting on a black couch. He was wrapped in a brown blanket when he noticed the door open.

"Hey," she smiled, slipping off her tan sweater before walking over to the couch. He smiled nervously. "What's up?"

"Something has to be up for me to want to see you," he questioned happily, holding in laughter.

"Well I don't know," Bethany threw her head back on the couch, "it just seemed like you had something you wanted to talk about."

"Ok, yeah, you got me," he sat up as though he needed her full attention. He took a deep breath before speaking. "Remember the night when," he paused taking a shaky breath, "when I asked you about your scars and we..."

"Kissed," she finished for him.

"Yeah," he rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess I just realized we never really talked about it. Even though it was so long ago..."

"Well, what is there to talk about?" The blonde finally took her eyes off of the wall to face Barry, his face full of seriousness yet his features were gentle.

"I guess, I was just curious if it meant something," he said, but it came out as a question.

"Well, I figured you didn't think anything of it because we acted like it didn't happen." A hint of sadness snuck into her voice.