Chapter 24

The cool air that belong to the Cortex lightly licked at Bethany's skin. It was nearly impossible for her to truly be cold, but with the events that had just occurred, mentally she was.

"Hey, Caitlyn," the blonde questioned, looking around the tech filled room. The brunette popped her head out of one of the side rooms, her eyes slightly widening.

"Bethany," she said confused, "what are you doing here?"

Bethany looked around the rest of the room, thankful that it seemed as though they were the only ones there.

"Where is everyone.?"

"They went to Jitters, Cisco kept complained that he was tired after the whole Snart situation, even though Barry and you did most of the work, speaking of, he seemed overly happy. What did you need?"

"I just needed to ask you about something. It's probably better just the two of us anyway."

Caitlin's face morphed into worry as every possibly awful outcome came to mind.

Bethany laughed lightly as she grabbed Caitlyn's arm, dragging her to a chair.

"Relax, it's not that bad. Just something happened and I wanted your opinion on it," she lied.

"Oh," the doctor calmed down. "What happened?"

"Okay, this may sound impossible, but I think we've moved past believing anything is impossible." Bethany took a deep breath before continuing. "I saw the future."

"The future," Caitlyn said skeptically, "how did you see the future?"

"I'm not sure." Another lie. "It happened the night Douglas tried to rob the award ceremony. It was like I was living a normal moment, but then when it ended badly, everything went back to the way it was before and I knew how to prevent what was going to happen, from happening."

"Is there anything you can remember that could have spark this...ability?"

"No, I can't." Lies. All lies.

"What happened in the future that you changed?"

Bethany's mind went to the night before, then to the reward ceremony where Barry had died, but then wasn't really dead.

"Barry, he got shot, and died."

Caitlyn thought for a moment, consciously running her hand through her hair.

"And you were upset?"

"Of course I was upset," Bethany said rolling her eyes.

"It's possible that it came from being extremely emotionally distraught." Bethany looked at her curiously, not fully understand before the brunette continued. "See, when we go through something traumatic that could possibly send our brains into over load, or even drive us crazy, the memory is automatically made unrememberable to protect us, but in this case, it never happened at all."

"Do you think there would be a way to use the ability without the whole trauma thing?"

Caitlyn slightly squinted her eyes, wondering what reasons the blonde could have to use such a power, but she knew Bethany and figured her whole life she had taken care of herself.

"I suppose, with a lot of practice and concentration, yes, you could."

Bethany ran her hands over her face before quickly dropping them, that wasn't the answer she wanted, she didn't want it to even be possible that Eiling could use her has his own puppet.