act 2, scene 4

act 2, scene 4
what are you

IT was high noon when yoongi and jimin were making their way through the woods once again.

songbirds tweeted and chirped from the branches above, the cloudless, blue sky proudly stretched for miles above, and the damp earth underneath them filled their non-talking silence.

yoongi expertly dodged sharp braches coming from the bushes, whereas jimin, who was wearing shorts, nicked his shin.

yet the forrest was a calm and beautiful as ever. jimin didn't mind a few cuts and scratches when he was in his favorite place. grass straw twigs and crunched from underneath their shoes as they walked, kicking a few medium sized rocks out of their way.

they were closing in on the spot jimin found yoongi, seeing as the trees became increasingly more dense and the sky was becoming less visible above.

jimin thought briefly of the two blue butterflies that led him to yoongi and wondered what would've happened if he'd ever followed them.

with the canopy trees came the willow trees that cloaked the fog-topped pond.

yoongi pulled back the draping leaves for jimin to first step through, receiving a quiet "thank you," and a small smile of appreciation.

like yoongi's drawing from earlier, no longer was the pond a figure of mystery, but something of serenity.

the water was crystal clear, allowing jimin to see the plant growth and small aquatic animals living in it. tiny frogs hopped from lily pad to lily pad and miniature animals, like squirrels and bunnies, played in the surrounding grass.

"wow," jimin breathed out, taking the scenery in. there were humming birds fluttering by the foxgloves and butterflies resting on delphiniums and cosmos.

"min jimin," again with that name, "you will stay here while i retrieve something." yoongi instructed, pulling the straps on the bag jimin lent him tighter.

without giving him a chance to respond, yoongi grabbed jimin by the shoulders and turned his back to the pond. "here, play with—" there, again, was the clicking sounds coming from yoongi's mouth.

jimin looked to his feet to see a brown bunny with floppy ears. he assumed this was the series of strange clicking noises yoongi was talking about.

"don't look back at the pond, jiminie." a shudder ran down the younger's back, making his toes curl, as yoongi's melodic voice whispered in his ear.

"ok." he was only able to exhale the word, feeling stupid for the weird feeling he had in his stomach.

jimin sat down in the fairly dry grass and played with the bunny. it seemed fine being around all and not frightened at all. he wondered if it has even seen any human before him and yoongi.

the minutes felt like hours as they passed and yoongi's absence was beginning to bother jimin. he wanted to know where the older boy went and he also wanted to know why he couldn't look at the pond. several times within sitting, he was tempted to look over his shoulder, but something in his stomach twisted and he decided against it.

and though the minutes felt like hours, they, after all, were only minutes.

yoongi was back quickly, tapping lightly on jimin's shoulder and helping him stand up.

"did you find what you needed?" jimin asked, watching the bunny scamper away and back towards its group of friends. nodding, yoongi pulled out an opalescent gen from his back pocket, resting it in jimin's palms.

"what's this?" he turned the pretty jewel around in his hands as it glinted from the sunlight above, where the canopy trees didn't conceal.

"rub it." yoongi urged.

jimin then remembered yoongi was mildly crazy. deciding to humor the boy, not feeling like arguing, he rubbed the object against the pads of his thumb and fingers. "i really don't know what you're expecting to come from this," jimin felt the object get slightly warmer, "but if it makes you happy—"

but to his astonishment, life itself changed from in front of his eyes and the world became to morph.

specks of golden light, like amber, lifted from the ground around him and floated up into the air. the sky turned a lavender, cotton candy pink color. and yoongi.

yoongi was no longer just a boy.

with eyes deeper than onyx and a row of teeth pointed to make perfect punctured incisions, the scaled wings that sprung from his back added to the now fact that yoongi was definitely no man.

no man from jimin's world at least.

"what are you?" jimin was surprised he was able to get out a coherent sentence. his throat felt like it was enclosing on him and being scraped with sandpaper. his nerves shut down and his brain temporarily ceased all motor control.

yoongi smiled.

***

he isn't the grim reaper again okay relax

also i didn't proof-read this so