act 7, scene 7

act 7, scene 7
breakfast goodbyes

JIMIN woke up to a fresh, welcoming scent. being that he was still groggy and sleep ridden, he sat up slowly with a confused frown etched between his brows.

he sat back on his palms and looked beside him, expecting to see yoongi soundly beside him. however, he'd been greeted by an empty space. the covers pushed back and the sheets rumpled from where he'd previously been.

suddenly, everything clicked for him; the smell coming from outside of the room, yoongi's absense.

"oh, fuck," jimin hissed, tumbling out of his bedding and ungraciously landing half on the floor and half off his bed. "the dragons!" he yelled to himself, still scurrying to stand properly.

he'd forcefully pulled his door back and sprinted into the kitchen in panic.

"oh." jimin's doomed facial expression dropped to that of subtle embarrassment and curiosity.

he stood in the open display plan of his home beside his couch overlooking the kitchen and dining area. the curtains were all pulled back, letting the morning glow of the sun cast a soft light against his mango orange walls.

each one of his guests, sitting patiently at the bar or around his small, round glass table, turned to look over at him. seokjin, who was placing jimin's ceramic dinnerware in front of his friends, paused as well, giving him a strange look.

his sudden explosion into the room had rendered them all speechless, not like they had been talking before, but there was a weird energy about the room now. "min jimin, you've awoken." yoongi was cooking, much to jimin's surprise. the younger would've said something about this if not for the delightful smell coming from the pans atop the stove.

"you can cook?" jimin questioned, always seeming to be continuously stunned by yoongi. "well, i researched how to." yoongi shrugged nonchalantly, waving the spatula he was using to scramble eggs. "but," jimin inched closer, "you said you mainly eat fish."

"raw fish, jimin," hoseok called from the table, "he eats raw fish."

"so i'm guessing none of you eat conventionally... orthodox meals?" jimin took his own seat at the table. the dragons confirmed his suspicions by shaking their heads.

"we wanted to try western styled food, min jimin!" namjoon happily explained from across him, swaying side to side and thanking seokjin who placed a glass beside his plate.

yoongi's breakfast had turned out to be surprisingly delightful. jimin chewed slowly and thoughtfully, half expecting to bite down on an eggshell. they all ate in content silence while the morning sun continued to beam through the open windows. there was a fresh breeze dancing into jimin's home as well, causing the curtains to flutter with their passing.

the aroma of eggs and toast accompanied by the purple grapes and sweet kiwi yoongi pulled out wafted about the room, ceasing jimin's worry. his taut expression fell into that of peace, and he allowed himself to enjoy the moment he least expected to come from his newly formed friends.

yoongi stood beside jeongguk, who was swinging his feet back and forth from where he sat at the bar, humming as he ate. jimin couldn't help but steal a few glances at their direction, but had no intentions on breaking the serene silence.

"unfortunately," taehyung stood, his plate cleared of all crumbs, "we cannot stay for long." he placed his dish in the sink and chugged down what was left of his strawberry lemonade.

jimin tilted his head in confusion, not quite understanding where the sudden statement had come from.

"he's right." seokjin nodded solemnly, his eyes flickering up to meet yoongi's from across him. "we're needed back very soon—"

"but we very much enjoyed our welcome! thank you, min jimin, the kindest of them all." hoseok cut off seokjin, then, in a manner that was intentional. jimin knew this from the harsh side glance the cheery boy threw as he interrupted his friend.

jimin sat stupefied for a few minutes, watching as they stood, either hurriedly finishing their food or scraping the remnants in the garbage. his mouth opened and closed, wordlessly watching the sudden frantic movements of the boy's around him.

his eyes then met yoongi's glum gaze and there was an unexpected squeeze on his heart. he harsh exhale left his mouth from the physical pain that he felt, and, for some reason, he found himself fighting back tears.

"do you have to go, too, then?" jimin's voice strained and held the beginning signs of a sob threatening to wail from his body.

what was once sunny, happy weather turned into a storm of torrential downpour and harsh winds. lightning struck from jimin's sky and thunder shook the very foundation he stood upon.

yoongi was a light in his life, he'd come to realize very quickly. his life that consisted of summer jobs and sitting in the forest upon hours for an escape, from what, he didn't know—yoongi was a refreshing characteristic that had appeared from thin air.

and just like that—

"i'm sorry, park." yoongi couldn't reach his water-filled stare. "we have to go." namjoon grasped yoongi's wrist with light hands, tugging him towards the door and waving to jimin who was sitting still in his seat.

—he was gone.

_____________
i wasn't planning on doing this tbh but now!!!! it gives me shit to write about!!!!

yay for slight and rushed sadness

i know some of you guys are still in school, so whoops, sorry for posting this now!