act 9, scene 1

act 9, scene 1
vine references

OUTSIDE was cool, the air kissing the bare bits of skin yoongi and jimin were showing.

yoongi was currently in the midst of informing jimin on how it was hoseok's birth month, and how he was closer to his ranking meeting yoongi's. this was how jimin found out all of yoongi's friends were also considered that of royalty. it was a weird aspect to ponder, so he didn't let himself think about it for too long.

his hand was securely wrapped around yoongi's larger one in caution, not wanting them to get separated. they weaved in and out of the passing pedestrians on the sidewalk in somewhat of a hurry. jimin was keen on making this the best outing for yoongi as possible, and that would start with buying the elder a treat.

there was a crepe stand he visited frequently before yoongi popped up in his life. he hadn't been there in a while, but he was friendly with the employee who took shifts around this time, so he was hopeful they'd get a discount.

"you'll love it," he spoke excitedly over his shoulder, yoongi barely catching his words that slurred with a slight lisp. it was only noticeable when jimin spoke faster, more animated with his speech. still, it was endearing, and a sickly fond smile spread across yoongi's face.

of course, jimin couldn't see this. "and after, i'll take you to the science museum! i can name all the dinosaurs, i can! you'll love it—"

all of this was drowned out to yoongi, who allowed himself to be dragged solely because he wanted his hand to be held. he let jimin's pretty voice take over the other, more obscure noises around them. he welcomed jimin's being in a way that overwhelmed all of his senses and took over him completely. he reveled in it, really.

the stand was nearing, and surprisingly there wasn't a line today. usually when jimin had the time to visit, he had to stand in a queue of at least five other people. but the food was worth it, so he didn't mind all too much. he prided himself in being relatively patient in that way.

"sungkyung!" jimin's voice—his lovely and cheerful voice—snapped yoongi from his lovesickness and back to the dreaded real world. they had stopped in front of the cute red and white stand, a pretty girl in uniform behind it beamed with a pearly smile.

"park jiminie, i haven't seen you in ages!" she pushed her light brown bangs that were plastered against her forehead (due to the company hat) away.

"the fuck she say?" yoongi's tone was a grumble that went unheard, thankfully, as he didn't mean to voice his thoughts out loud. jimin pulled his hand from yoongi's grasp, much to the other boy's disliking and ruffled his hair. he did that a little too much.

"this is min yoongi," jimin introduced politely, but sungkyung must've been distracted being that she answered with a confused, "whom?" a frown settled on his face.

yoongi moved from his small position behind jimin, stepping further to the side to make his presence known. but he was still annoyed with the fact the she hadn't seen him right away. "me, bitch." he deadpanned, face stoic. jimin forced out a laugh that was every synonym of awkward, "he lacks people skills."

"it's nice to meet you, min yoongi." she bowed in greeting. "you have very pretty hair." her compliment made him feel slightly better, but a bitter taste swirled in his mouth either way. he didn't like the way she called jimin, jiminie. "thank you," regardless, he tried to gain what jimin called 'people skills'.

"what can i get the two of you?" her professionalism kicked in with the question, and yoongi glanced at the menu, remembering why they were here in the first place.

"i'll have the pumpkin and cinnamon apple crepe," a fairly bubbly tone set in yoongi's voice when he saw the hand written menu item. he remembered watching videos on jimin's laptop one night, stumbling across funny compilations with poor subtitles. the statement: my fucking cinnamon apple, rang familiarity in him.

a fluttery giggle uncharacteristically poured from him, surprising jimin, as he never heard the boy make such a sound. "yous my baby," yoongi turned to jimin laughing the words, "my fucking cinnamon apple!"

whereas jimin was red in the face, sungkyung fell behind the cart from laughing so hard. yoongi felt great from the reaction, he knew he couldn't have been the only one to find the video funny. "oh my gosh." jimin spluttered, his eyes avoiding yoongi's face completely and looking anywhere else.

"you spilled lipstick in my valentino white bag?" yoongi continued on, sungkyun's laughter seemed to be hurting her. yoongi felt fueled by this and it encouraged him to continue on, no matter how pained jimin looked. "what the fuck is up kyle!" he screamed, gaining the attention of a few passerby's.

"yoongi, please—"

"all my caterpillars! when i come out this cocoon imma fuck these hoes, imma migrate to mexico with my woes—" sungkyung was hyperventilating, searching for her inhaler somewhere in her purse securely stashed in a compartment of the cart. jimin seems utterly embarrassed and apologized to anyone who passed by giving the two dirty looks.

"imma nut in your pussy and have you drag that shit across the floor and say 'i'm a snail!' 'i'm a snail!'"

this was jimin's law straw.

he grabbed yoongi's hand with urgency and squeezed tightly, "we don't need crepes anymore, kyungie, i'm so sorry!" he was running away by the end of his apology, yoongi wasn't sure why jimin was apologetic in the first place.

"he won't let me prosper." yoongi yelled back to the employee and her laughing fit began once again.

_____________
i would've made this longer, but ya girl a Fake,, honestly i just wanted an excuse to reference random vines.

hi my name is trey and i got a basketball game tomorrow

anyway!! what are your favorite vines bc i have a lot and it would've been obnoxious if i referenced them all in here.

i'll get back to the rest of their pretend date in the next chapter lmao,, but the book is kinda ending soon so i'm trying to prolong this as much as i can since y'all like this for some odd reason