act 10, scene 1

act 10, scene 1
honey

EVERYTHING was drizzled in honey. the setting sun that faded into jimin's bright home washed against his walls as the soft downpour of evening rain fell onto the city. with a melting gold melding into his orange walls, he couldn't be reminded of anything but honey.

yoongi was sat at the piano, fingers absentmindedly playing out a slow, sweet tune. it was full of heavy, heartfelt emotion; pining love. the chill of early february couldn't touch him as the apartment's warm temperature seeped its way into the bundled, cotton woven blanket draped over his shoulders.

jimin was resting on the couch in a state in between exhaustion and exuberance. his day with yoongi seemed long, spending nearly three hours in the museum and then an hour getting an early dinner. they chose to catch a taxi rather than walking home, as it would only talk longer and their legs were already tired from walking all day. his exuberance came from his heart, however.

he couldn't look yoongi's way without feeling his chest tighten and a squeal bubble up in his throat. the older boy was just too precious and brought such a fond feeling to jimin's heart, that he struggled to keep himself calm.

whenever yoongi would look over his shoulder, eyes falling on jimin who laid on his side, he felt every emotion he did when at the museum. he couldn't believe it was there that he realized his feelings. they were new and young, but they were there.

"jimin," yoongi said, back facing him and still playing the pretty, honey piano notes. "you know, i'm to marry soon?" he spoke quietly, his deep and gruff voice a perfect counter to the light latter of rain in the background. "oh." and the younger's heartbeat slowed with dejection.

"the good thing is, i'm allowed to choose whomever i see fit. but it's little about who'd be a perfect face for the title and rather my personal feelings for my future partner."

yoongi paused, giving jimin time to absorb what he'd just said.

back when they had to separate, yoongi vividly remembered being handed the ruby jeweled crown, his hair going from a lighter blue mix, to a darker and more vibrant shade. he felt meaningful—important, even. he knew his time with jimin wouldn't last for as long as he pleased, as he now had responsibilities to face in his own world, but alas, here he was.

he had the strong intention of marrying jimin. he felt that way ever since first meeting him, of course. sure, he didn't know the human equivalent to what his people called marriage (mistaking it for friendship), but now that he did, he still wanted it.

"so you can marry anyone you choose? no matter their gender?"

yoongi's melodies halted. it sent a brief panic to flare inside jimin, watching the boy spin around on the piano bench to face him fully. there was a time yoongi's sharp eyes creeped him out, when they were positioned above the water and watched him with menacing calculation, and the feeling crept back like nostalgia.

"no matter their gender." yoongi confirmed curtly.

his seriousness was an odd contrast to the image he obtained. a pretty face snuggled in baby blue knit surrounded by mango walls and a white piano; it was all so soft. jimin was seconds away from swooning.

"do you have to poop?" yoongi's face twisted into startled confusion, causing jimin to sputter. "your face," he said, "it looks like—" he cut himself off to contort his expression to a mimic of jimin's. it was scrunched up and pained looking, a result of jimin trying to contain his Feels.

"no i don't have to poop, please stop."

they both stopped talking. jimin was reeling in his embarrassment and yoongi was stuck in his thoughts.

"min jimin sounds nice though," honey boy yoongi spoke incisively, "wouldn't you agree?"

________
i was looking at the demographic for my fics and i have a lot of readers from really cool places!! where are you guys from?