ii.

a new chapter is about to begin

The sad thing about the business of professional wrestling is that not many give credit to those behind the scenes. No, not the writers or the camera men. The staff that puts together the elaborate set up that is a wrestling event, such a meticulous task.

From the stands of the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, Lucy observed the crew as they raised the titantron and set up the ring. The sight reminded her of ants, working together as a unit to make sure everything was perfect for the evening. Resting her elbows on her knees, she continued to admire their dedication.

That very arena would be the place where Lucy would maker her debut. A challenge issued by the Diva's Champion, Ashley "Charlotte" Fleihr, called for a women's gauntlet match to determine the number one contender to her title. Every talent in that locker room would have a chance to prove their worth by beating everyone else.

But Lucy wasn't like everyone else, and she planned to showcase that tonight.

Getting lost in the admiration, she almost didn't notice the sound of footsteps behind her. A familiar voice called out her name, causing a smile to form on her face. Turning towards the voice, her smile grew.

Allen "AJ Styles" Jones.

"Allen!" She chirped as she leapt from her seat to embrace him. The six time TNA X Division Champion chuckled before wrapping his arms around her small form.

"Lucille Moreau. Never thought I would see you in a WWE arena."

"Me neither."

Allen got a good belly laugh out of that. She then motioned him to sit down, which he accepted. The pair exchanged stories of events he missed in TNA, and he told her about his time in the Bullet Club over in Japan. Lucy breathed a sigh of relief knowing she wasn't alone here.

"So, what broke you? What finally led you to this place?" Allen leaned forward to try to rack his co-worker's brain.

Lucy brought her leg up to her chest and rested her chin. She continued to watch the set up as she scrambled for the right words to say.

"They want me to lead the revolution. Not the Diva's Revolution. Shane told me I'd be the ideal women to lead us into the new era of wrestling. He wants me to go against his sister's doings."

"He's throwing you into the belly of the beast?"

"Basically."

"You're going to get yourself fired."

"Not if I have him protecting me."

"You're going to trust a McMahon to protect you? That's like allowing the devil to take your soul."

Lucy shrugged and looked up at the Georgia native.

"He's all I got at this point."

Allen sighed and leaned back into his seat. Wrapping an arm around her shoulder, he pulled her into a small hug.

"Well, now you've got me. I'll keep an eye on you, Cille."

She smiled at his words and returned the affection.

"Thank you."

He gave a small "hmm" before releasing her form. The two continued to watch the workers set up, the anticipation for the event growing with every minute.