viii.

no matter how far you travel, there's no place like home.

"Welcome to Ottawa, folks. Thank you for flying AirCanada, and we hope you enjoy your time here."

Lucille's expression was bright as she watched the landscape below her become more clear. The buildings and cars, once small from her perspective, enlarged as they touched down. She was practically bouncing in her seat, excited for the three days she would have back home.

Across the isle from her, Rami watched the excited woman. He couldn't get over the sight of her, so happy and jovial. She'd been talking about going home for the past couple of weeks, and now that it was happening, her happiness was radiating.

He couldn't wait to have a bit of downtime before the show, and she couldn't wait to catch up with her family and friends. More importantly, though, they couldn't wait to spend some quality time with one another.

The Fischer's were thrilled to have Lucy back home; it seemed like forever since they'd last seen her. They grew even more excited when she brought along Rami and Allan. The couple reconnected with the southern man, whom they had been acquainted with since Lucy's first years in TNA, and introduced themselves to their fellow Canadian.

A couple of her friends from high school joined in on the fun, recalling times from their first formal dance to their senior prank. They asked many times for her to share stories since the last time they met. Lucy obliged, telling them the time she jumped off a steel cage to win her first title in TNA, and the time she and the other women in PWG played a seemingly harmless prank on the Young Bucks.

Rami was intrigued by her stories, but there was still one thing that confused him. Lucy and her parents did not share the same last name. For a moment, Rami thought that she was married, but he'd never seen a ring on her. Confused, he decided to ask Allen for some answers.

"Allen, why doesn't everyone keep calling Lucy's parents the Fischer's?"

A small hue of red came over the southerner at the awkward state he found himself in. No, it wasn't his place to tell him, but he didn't believe she would give him the answers he was looking for. Deciding to bite the bullet on this one, he let out a sigh.

"It's not really my story to tell, but I doubt she'll tell you."

"Tell me what?"

Rami noticed a somber look come over him as he racked his brain for the right words to say.

"Rami, Lucille is an orphan."

Rami's eyes widened in shock, unable to wrap his mind around what he said. Lucille, an orphan?

"You're kidding."