iii.

a simple hello could lead to a million things

"You need to make some friends, Cille." Allen insisted as Lucille walked beside him.

Raw was taping in Indianapolis, Indiana that night, just twenty-four hours after Fastlane. She rolled her eyes towards the Georgian in response as her suitcase rolled behind her. The chills of the February snow caused her to adjust her beanie. Allen proceeded to hold open the arena door, which Lucy thanked him for.

Those backstage were riding the momentum of the night before. Fastlane was considered to be up to par by most, with some drawbacks and such. Many believed the highlight in its entirety was the debut of the Canadian woman. As flattered as she was, it wasn't considered to be the best for business by many. WrestleMania, the grandest event of them all, was in less than two months, meaning every match and every event until then had to be perfect.

The duo headed deeper into the arena. Allen waved to those who approached him as Lucy stood beside. To be honest, she had always had a difficult time making friends. What with her outspoken nature on topics, her wild appearance, and rebellious way of life, Lucy always seemed to be scaring others away.

Maybe she wasn't meant to have friends.

After dropping off their belongings, the two made their way to the catering area. The social spot of the arena. Allen insisted that she should make at least one other friend. Although she thought the idea to be stupid, she nodded in understanding.

Surveying the catering area, Lucy's face scrunched slightly in disgust. It reminded her too much of high school.

Drama queens. Showboaters. Jobbers. Part timers.

An eye roll was her response as her southern friend gave her a toothy grin. He groaned and rested his hand on her shoulder.

"Just try."

Her body tightened as he started to lead her over towards a pair of men. Kevin Steen and Chris Irvine. When they noticed their co-worker, their eyes narrowed at the figure next to him. A little curious they were. Lucy swallowed a gulp as her friend greeted the two.

"Kevin, Chris, nice to see you two." Allen's voice filled with excitement, causing both Kevin and Lucy to roll their eyes.

"Likewise," Chris smiled meekly before turning his attention to the female, "Who's your friend?"

"This is Lucille Moreau. Cille, this is Kevin Steen and Christopher Irvine."

She nodded politely towards the two as they gave her warm smiles.

"So, you're the renegade who made her debut last night." Chris inquired, causing Lucy's smile to grow big. Renegade. She liked the sound of that.

"Guilty as charged." She giggled, causing the smile on Allen's face to grow. The two chuckled in response.

"416," Kevin's head tilted to make out the tattoo on the woman. A slight smirk formed as he sat back up, "Toronto, I presume?"

"Born and bred."

"You know, we're Canadian as well." Kevin motioned to his co-worker and himself, causing a warm feeling to form in her heart.

"You don't say."

"Montreal and Calgary."

Lucy looked towards Allen as he seemed to distance himself from the conversation. He looked like a proud father, happy that his little one was making friends. An expected eye roll was her reaction as she elbowed him in the ribs.