xvi.

it's you. it's always been you.

It wasn't abnormal for Kevin to wake up before his Canadian counterpart. However, he would admit, it still took some getting used to seeing the small form of Lucille wrapped up in the man's arms in the morning. He couldn't complain, though; his best friend was happy and that's all that mattered.

Rami had asked her to dinner the night of their monumental match and the two hit it off, soon becoming a couple. They were crazy about each other, Rami especially for her. She was something special, anyone could see that. And comparing the two side-by-side, they were very similar: outspoken with their thoughts, proud of their beliefs, kindhearted, and all around good friends. Kevin thought they were just right for each other.

Getting in an early morning workout was routine for the duo for as long as they could remember.  When Kevin rose to wake the man, he was surprised to see him already up, lazily rubbing small circles on the arm of his girlfriend with his finger all while holding her close. Lucy lightly breathed on his hair covered chest, still overcome by slumber. His beard scratched against her forehead as he placed a light kiss along her hairline.

 His beard scratched against her forehead as he placed a light kiss along her hairline

A smile came over the Prizefighter as he slowly approached the bed. Rami seemed to perk up at the sight of him, knowing his reason for rising so early.

"I'll give you two a bit longer. I'm getting changed." Steen whispered. Rami nodded and mouthed a "thank you."

As his friend disappeared into the bathroom, his eyes drifted down to the small body in his arms. He had only dreamed of living the way he was now. The girl of his dreams in his arms, nothing but happiness and joy between them. She confessed that becoming so focused on her career made it hard to see the feelings he expressed towards her. However, he had made her happy since the beginning, so it only felt right to take a risk. He felt extremely blessed that she gave him the shot he so longed for.

"Baby, it's time to wake up," His voice was soft as he moved his hand to her back and gave it some scratches.

Goosebumps covered her skin as her body lengthened in a stretch. She let out a groan before nestling back into her original position. This time, her fingers messed with the hair on his chest as they curled against it. Her eyes were still shut as she let out a deep breath.

"I don't want to... you're comfy and warm." Her voice was filled with sleep as she tried her hardest to doze back off. He chuckled before placing another kiss on her head.

"All revolutionists need to train. How're you supposed to kick ass if you don't work for it?" He proposed as Kevin reentered the room. Even he got a chuckle out of the childlike state of the woman.

"Well, this revolutionist will work for it after she's done with media, which I have at eleven. That means I have two more hours to sleep until I need to get ready." She retaliated, pulling the blanket higher up her body. Rami rolled his eyes.