xvii.

history has its eyes on you.

INHALE.

EXHALE.

Lucille resisted the urge to rub her eyes as Leslie touched up the lines on her cheek. When being told she was going for a warrior woman vibe, she was instantly drawn towards it. Anything to make this moment special she was down for.

The duo attempted to make small talk, but Lucy was too nervous to hold up a conversation. Everyone had their eyes on this match, a match that could make or break her career. The thought alone caused goosebumps to cover her skin.

When she was finished, she thanked her. Leslie then informed her that Rami would be on next. In a rush, Lucy collected her things before leaving to find the nearest monitor. The makeup artist couldn't help but smile, reminiscing over one of the first times she worked with the woman. The night of the Hall of Fame ceremony, her first time out with Rami. And look at them now. It made her heart soar.

INHALE.

EXHALE.

Lucy fought the urging tears as she watched Rami pin Kevin to become the Universal Champion. She clung to Allen for support as she watched the man she called hers on the screen. Something in his body moves and pure joy on his face did cause her to wipe at the corners of her eyes with her knuckle, her heart filling with butterflies to see such a hard-fought journey come to a head.

As soon as he set foot backstage, she was pulled into his sweaty embrace and given a love filled kiss. Friends around them swooned at the sight of the young couple. One of her hands meshed into his sweaty hair as he wrapped his arm around her waist tightly. She almost didn't notice the tears falling from his eyes until they hit her shoulder.

"I'm so proud of you." She expressed before finding his lips and kissing him once again.

"Now, it's your turn."

His smile was bright amidst the tears. Once he let go of her, their other friends flocked him and expressed their congratulations. Afterwards, he excused himself to get changed, promising to be back before she headed out.

Lucy nodded and watched him leave. There was something so satisfying as seeing the red material of the belt hang over his shoulder. Her smile brightened as her mind replayed the moment over and over again.

He had realized his dream.

INHALE.

EXHALE.

With her match soon approaching, many gathered around to wish her luck. Those who benefited from her movement praised her and those who had been there since the beginning gave her words of encouragement.

Surrounded by those she loved, Adam asked if he could say a small prayer for his daughter. She nodded as everyone gathered and he started. Next to her, she noticed Rami faintly whispering in Arabic, saying his own prayer for her. Her hand squeezed his tightly, which he squeezed back. She made sure to thank him when they finished.

"Lucille Moreau to guerilla. Lucy to guerilla." A voice over the intercom called out.

Lucy's body shook slightly as reality set in. It was time.

"Good luck, honey!" Olivia called out.

"You'll do great!" Pamela added.

Kissing her loved ones and high-fiving friends, she grabbed her jacket before making her way over. Rami made sure to give her a good luck kiss and wish her luck before sending her on her way. As the anxiety settled in, she cracked her knuckles and neck to make sure all of her was ready. The flashing lights and her theme filled the arena after Stephanie's died down. A stagehand counted down from three for her cue.