vi.

the best nights are usually unplanned, random and spontaneous.

"You and Rami, eh? Never would've seen that coming." Allen admitted as he was told the news.

"I figured you'd be glad that I got a date." The corner of Lucy's mouth turned up in a faint smile as she took a sip of her semi-par hotel coffee.

"Oh, I am, don't get me wrong. I just never imagined you with him."

Lucy didn't know whether to respond sarcastically or come to the aid of her new friend, so she gave him her trademark eye roll and continued with her breakfast.

If you asked her what WrestleMania weekend was like, Lucy would compare it to that of a rollercoaster: everything building up to the show of shows was incredible, with Axxess and the Hall of Fame Ceremony. But as the clock ticked down to the start of the show, your stomach lurched with the feelings of being turned inside out and backflips. Such feelings that she couldn't wait to experience. Until then, she would be most excited to see those she looked up to, like Jacqueline Moore and Steve "Sting" Borden, get inducted.

She was also very excited to get to know the man that was Rami Sebei better. The two had made small talk in person the past couple of weeks, but they seemed to find the most comfort texting. She saw nothing wrong with that; she actually enjoyed it too. In person, Rami was a shy man, who had a heart too big for his body. Over text, however, he came alive, allowing her into his life and exchanging information to better their friendship.

She could tell it made him happy, and it made her happy to.

As she scraped up the remaining pieces of melon onto her spoon, a shuffle of people sounded from outside the breakfast nook. Out of all of the business men in suits and ties, one stood out to the woman. With a smile that caused one to form of her own.

Shane McMahon.

It was a small and quick wave he sent her, but she appreciated the jester nonetheless. Soon, he fell in line with the other men who bared monochrome suits and scurried into the meeting room. Allen followed the gaze of his friend, letting out a low chuckle.

"I swear, if he could, Shane would adopt you in a heartbeat. He absolutely loves you."

Lucy's breath hitched slightly, only to be noticed by herself. The words seemed to strike her more than he had intended. But, of course, he didn't know.

No one knew.

She feigned happiness and even gave him a small giggle in return, reciprocating the joys of the joke. The duo then carried on thoughtful conversation, discussing everything from whom they were most excited to see inducted that night, to their matches the following evening.

However, no matter how much Lucy tried to push it to the back of her mind, to keep a happy face on, she kept going back to the southern man's comment. She knew it was nothing to get worked up over, but it stuck with her still.

"Are you excited to see Mr. Sebei tonight?" Leslie Homan smiled sweetly in the mirror towards her currently piece of work. Lucy let out a small chuckle, one part because of the name she called her date, the other part due to something Rami had texted her.

"Leslie, his name is Rami." She looked back at her to see a smile crossing her face.

"I know that, darling. I'm just trying to be respectful." She continued on clipping in extensions and curling them into her natural hair.