The Runaway

Briana's POV
"School is finally out!" I scream to Charlie as I hugged her. This year has felt like it's lasted forever. "I'm so excited for this summer." Charlie proclaims. As we walk out of the school yard Charlie found a few of her classmates that she wanted to say goodbye to so I headed to my car. As soon as I plugged my phone to the speakers of the car I blasted Distance by Jack and Jack. Oh how those boys are perfect. As I continued to wait for Charlie, I pulled up vine and started watching Cameron Dallas, my favorite. As soon as I reached his third video, Charlie opened the door and threw her backpack in the back seat. "Are you finally ready?" I giggled. She smirked and nodded her head. As I began down the road I looked over to see Charlie stalking Taylor Caniff's twitter. "You really are obsessed aren't you?" "I'm not as obsessed with Taylor as you are with Cameron." She was probably right, Cameron is my life. I pulled up to Charlie's house, and she opened the door. "I'll call you okay? We need to begin this summer with something amazing!" I laughed at her serious expression. "Okay, we will plan something." I waited until she opened her front door and then I speeded down the road to my small colonial. As I shuffled into my backpack for my keys, I already heard screaming from the other side of the door. I pushed it open quietly and sure enough my parents were fighting again. "I'm home" I quietly squealed. My mother turned around, her long hair flipping around rapidly as I noticed the bruise on her cheek. "OMG WHAT HAPPENED?" I yelled. I quickly turned to my father who had a guilty look on his face. "Go to your room, me and your mother need to finish our discussion." He said it so calmly, so my anger slowly drained out. "Fine." I walk up the stairs and set my bag down on my bed. I rummage through it to find my phone which has one new text.
Charlie: What do you want to do tonight, I need to get out of the house.
Me: Me too, my parents are fighting like usual. Let's go to the beach. I'll pick you up at 7:30
It is 5 now, so I have plenty of time to get ready and pick out a bathingsuit. I go downstairs to get my clothes from the dryer when my mom softly says " Briana, can you please come here sweety?" I follow her voice into the kitchen. She has a very depressed look on her face but I know she is trying to hide it. "I have wanted to tell you for a while now, but I couldn't seem to get the words out, me and your father are getting a divorce." Her depressed face turned to concern as I looked into her eyes. "Why are you doing this to me?" I finally blurted out after what felt like hours. "You know that we've been fighting honey.. it just isn't a healthy relationship and it needs to end. Im very sorry, but we are getting separated officially on the first of July. I hope that you can learn to forgive us, and it is your choice who you want to stay with. We won't force you into anything." The rage was filling my body as I wanted to scream at my mother. I knew it wasn't her fault. She has been getting hit by dad for a while, and I know she doesn't deserve any of it. I want her happy.. but now my family has fallen apart. "Where is dad?" I say quickly. She gives me a confused look as if she doesn't know how to answer.  "He went out with some friends to the bar." Her responce pissed me off even more. I didn't want to say anything I would regret so I ran up the stairs and started gathering my things for the beach with Charlie. I checked my phone only to see two more messages.
Charlie: Sounds good to me, can't wait! See you at 7:30
I exited out of her message and saw another one from my friend Ryan.
Ryan: I'm so happy summer has finally started, what are you doing tonight?
Me: Going to the beach with Charlie, you can join if you want(:
I threw my phone on the bed and went into the bathroom. I undressed and jumped into the hot shower. As the water hit my face, I let all my emotions flow down the drain. I wanted to forget about my parents and just be excited for tonight.
Charlie's POV
As soon as Bri dropped me off I opened the door to an empty house. My parent's must be out again. They almost never come home, but I don't need them  anyway. I found a pack of cigarettes on the kitchen table, and cocaine scattered all over. I ignored it and ran to my bedroom. I pulled out my phone from my pocket to text Bri. I just want to get out of the house and forget about my family. My phone soon buzzed, and Bri said she would pick me up at 7:30. I went to my messy droor and picked out a nice bikini from Victoria's Secret. It was purple and blue and it fit me well. I heard the front door slam, so I went down the hall to see my mom sitting on the couch. "Where have you been?" I ask stupidly, like I already knew the answer. "Oh just down the street at that bar, and then your father had some business to take care of." I could tell she was high, her eyes were glossy and her breath stunk of alcohol. "What kindof business?" I scoffed. "For his work. He's been pretty busy lately." It was obvious she was lying. He was probably selling drugs trying to make the money since his job was down the drain. "Bullshit" I muttered under my breath. I turned to walk back to my bedroom, not even wanting to see my mother's expression. It was already 6, so I wanted to take a shower and straighten my hair before Bri got here.
Briana's POV
I hopped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I went into my walkin closet and chose a hot pink bikini for the beach. As I got dressed, I found my perfume and turned on my curler. I decided to check the time and call Charlie. I picked up my phone off my bed and saw a text from Ryan.
Ryan: That'd be awesome, I'll meet you there. Is it okay if I bring a couple friends?
Me: Yeah sure, we can have a party lol. See you there
It was already 6:30. I dialed Charlie's number, and she picked up on the second ring. "Hey Charlie, I'll be there in about an hour!" "I'm so excited, this is the perfect start to summer. Is anyone else coming?" She sounded so happy to be getting out of her house. Frankly, I was really happy too. "Yeah, Ryan texted me and asked me if I had any plans so I told him we were going to the beach and he could tag along. He said him and a couple friends are coming. It'll be like a party haha" "Okay great, ahh this is going to be so fun. I have a lot to tell you too. See you in an hour!" "Bye Charlie, see you in a bit." After I hung up, I went back to the bathroom, and slipped on my bikini and a tanktop over it. Then I found some booty shorts and put those on as well. My curler was hot enough, so I began curling my hair. I love my hair, it flows to the bottom of my back, and is a light brown. It curls so perfectly. As soon as I was done, I checked my clock and it was already a little past seven. I fastly got my Victoria's Secret bag and shoved a towel in it. I grabbed my phone, put it in my back pocket and ran downstairs. "Where do you think you're going?" I heard my dad yell from the living room. I just wanted to forget he existed. "I'm going to the beach with Charlie. Problem?" "You need to stay home for the night, it's getting late. You're not going to the beach." My blood was boiling, and I just wanted to punch him straight in the jaw. "Watch me." With that, I ran as fast as I could to my car, and drove down the street. I was a few minutes late but I'm sure Charlie wouldn't hold it against me. I honked the horn but noone seemed to come out so I went up to the door. Just as I was about to knock Charlie comes storming out with a straight look on her face. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing, I'll tell you everything on the way there. Let's just get in the car and get as far away from here as possible." She seemed infuriated, and I already knew it was most likely her parents. "Okay" I couldn't help but start to smile. We hopped in the car and headed south to where the beach was. It was about a 10 minute drive so Charlie had plenty of time to tell me what got her in a bad mood. "So are you going to tell me what happened or are you going to sit there being moody?" I laughed as she turned to look at me. "When I got home, I found drugs all over the kitchen table, and my mom busted in high. She lied straight to my face, saying my dad was taking care of something for work and that they just went to the bar. He was obviously selling drugs or atleast buying. His career is already down the drain and I can't deal with them anymore. I just need to get away." I took it in for a few minutes, but knew I had to respond before she bursted out in tears. "I'm so sorry Charlie. I know it must be hard. I just found out tonight that my parents are getting divorced in July, and my dad has been abusing my mom. I hate him for tearing my family apart. He forbid me to go to the beach but I couldn't even stand to stay there and look at him." There was an awkward silence for a few minutes but I heard Charlie clearing her throat. A smirk formed on her face and her eyes turned devious. "I have a plan."