Chapter 13

Briana's POV

There he was, standing right infront of me. I felt powerless against his strong grasp on my wrist, but Cam reassured me by taking my other hand. My dad could not have looked anymore terrifying. His dark eyes gleaming into my heart, making it beat 100 times faster. I knew he would find me one way or another, but I wanted more time with the boys. I want to spend my summer with Cam, with Nash, with Charlie. I want to live my life and not be held captive under my parents power. I felt nautious, I could've thrown up right then and there. I'm sure Cam had no idea what was going on but he is still trying to protect me. There were a million thoughts cramming into my head causing my head to ache. We were almost near the door, where my dad would force me to come home. I have no choice... or do I? "I'm not going with you. I like it here, and I am staying with my friends. You can't control me anymore dad... I am out of school and ready to start my life. I'm not going to let you hurt me anymore than you have. I will do what I want and that is final." The look of power and fury changed to devestation with a hint of anger. "You are a still a kid and we have control over you. I am not letting you go out on your own to mess up your life at such a young age. You are coming home right now." He continued to nudge me to the door but I wouldn't budge. "Dad I'm staying here whether you like it or not. I am a grown woman. Now go home." The grip on my wrist slightly relaxed, and the muscles in his body became tense. "This isn't the last you'll see of me." He completely let go of my wrist and turned to head out the door. It was a slight relief that he had left, but I was honestly shocked he allowed me to stay. All I know is I am going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Cameron's POV

From what I got out of the whole situation, the creepy guy was Bri's father. I tried putting all the puzzle pieces together but not all of them fit. I wanted to ask her everything right away but I didn't want to force her into explaining her life story right away. Instead, I grabbed her hand and rubbed circles on the back with my thumb. "Are you okay?" I asked gently. She was frozen like a statue, not moving from the scene that just occured. I managed to get her back to the original table we sat at, not letting go of her hand. Once she sat down I could sense the emotions running through her body. She finally answered me after what felt like an hour. "I guess I am... for now." The last part made me nervous, but I wanted to protect her no matter what. I want her to be my princess and I will make sure her dad does not get to her. "I think we should go back to the hotel, we can stay in my room alone and cuddle and talk, okay?" She seemed relieved by my offer and gladly took it. The walk back to the hotel remained silent as It did to the way to the coffee shop. As soon as we reached my room I swiped my key and accessed the room. I led Bri to my bed where I lightly layed her down on the opposite side of me. She immediately ducked her head into my chest and let out a few quiet sobs. I didn't completely understand her story yet but I can wait. She needs to let everything out first. After what seemed like an hour of her crying on my shoulder, she looked up at me with puffy eyes. "Are you ready to tell me yet?" She gave me a slight nod and cleared her throat. I felt as if It would be a long story so I pushed my back up against the headboard and looked at her. "Well, It all started when I was about 5. My mom would have to go to work and she left me home alone with my dad. Noone would expect that to be so bad... right? Well It was for me. He would drag me into my room telling me to lay down. He used a sweet tone and said daddy is going to be right back as he went to the bathroom. I used to think that everything was okay but It wasn't. He always came back and layed on top of me, hurting me. He would undress himself along with me. I could rarely ever walk after what he did.. I had rips and cuts and bruises. I bled almost every time, and noone was there to help me. I felt as if my mom knew what was going on and didn't want to help me because my dad would hit her. I went through it for years before I was finally strong enough to push him away. On my graduation day, I came home to see my parents fighting like usual. This time was different somehow.. It felt weird. I saw a mark on my mom from my dad abusing her. She finally told me that they were getting a divorce, and even though It was a relief for my mom, I felt torn up because my family was broken. Me and Charlie decided to go to the beach that night.. to get away from things. My dad forbid me from going but I still snuck out. We ended up meeting a couple of our guy friends there, which didn't turn out so good. This guy asked me out and I turned him down and then my father came and nearly hurt Charlie and I. That was the night I was most terrified of him... I couldn't even recognize him. We decided to runaway.. I know.. It's crazy. We wanted to come and see you guys and It was the perfect opportunity to escape so here we are." It took my mind a few minutes to process everything. I couldn't imagine what pain Bri must have felt.. she got raped. Just the word makes my nose cringe in disgust. I felt so bad, she was so innocent. Then the last part came into my head. Her and Charlie are runaways.. that's why her dad came and tried taking her at the coffee shop. It's all making sense to me now, everything is fitting together. I looked Bri straight in the eye and whispered "Oh my god Bri I am so sorry for everything that you have been through. I can't even imagine the pain... I want you to know that I will always be here for you, and I will protect you, no matter what. He won't hurt you anymore, okay? You don't need to go back home. I don't care that you ran away Bri it doesn't change my feelings for you at all." Her depressed eyes turned to affection and she wrapped me up in her arms. Her warmth felt good on my cold skin. The tear stains on my shirt were drying up but I could tell Bri would soon replace them with new ones. I want to say I love her but I feel as though It is too soon... It's only been a week or two that I have spent with her and I feel like I've known her my whole life. She is the most amazing girl I have ever met and I want all the time I have with her to be special. It doesn't matter how long I've known Bri, I love her. "I love you Briana" I needed to tell her. She turned to look at me and said "I love you too Cameron."

_______________________________________________________________

Okay I know this chapter is kindof short and Im sorry It's late but I have no time. I'm reading Divergent before the movie comes out and It has literally consumed the past 2 days. Thankyou guys so much for reading... I'm hoping for 500 by next chapter! I love you guys so much, please tell your friends about The Runaway!! If you have any ideas for it Id be happy to listen.