Chapter 3

Briana's POV

As soon as my dad left and I could no longer see his car, I found myself letting out a sigh of relief. I quickly let go of Ryan's hand, and looked toward Charlie. "That was certainly scary.." I heard her comment toward me. "I will never ever forgive him for messing up my life." As soon as I said that, I felt a sick twirl in my stomach and my head began to pound. It is actually happening. My family has collapsed and I feel so stupid for not realizing it sooner. "Thankyou for protecting me..." I whispered to Ryan, trying to have him forgive me for turning him down earlier in the night. "Yeah.. no problem. I think we should get going, It's getting pretty late." He signaled his boys to follow him and before I could get a goodbye out, he was already in his car driving down the street. "I want to get out of here now. Let's head to your place and grab anything you think you need for the next month or so, okay?" I saw Charlie nod and put on her cami and shorts. I ran to my car and started the engine. My stomach is in knots and I can't stop my head from hurting. I just want to get to Miami and feel safe.

Charlie's POV

I would have never expected Bri's dad to come to the beach.. he was obviously drunk. My heart beat 10 times faster when he grabbed my wrist and asked where Bri was. I tried yelling out her name in panic but she didn't rise out of the water until a good minute after which felt like it took forever. As soon as she realized I was in trouble she swam to the beach in a blink of an eye and told her dad off. I think we're making the right choice to escape her father...right?

Briana's POV

As soon as Charlie jumped into the passenger seat I slammed onto the gas pedal and sped to her house. "Alright, grab your stuff quickly" I said as we tiptoed into the house. It felt so empty, so her parents must not be home right now. They rarely ever are. "I'll just stuff all my clothes into a bag and all the money I can find. Then another bag with my brush and straightener and all that hygene shit" I couldn't help but laugh at the way she referred to everything else. In the matter of a half hour, we had all her stuff packed and ready to go. "Time to sneak into the hell house and hope no one will catch us." It started to scare me that my dad would catch me and that he would hurt me like he used to... but if I want to run away with Charlie and see the boys we love then it has to be done. I slowly started the car down the road and parked the car infront of my neighbors house so my parents didn't see that I was home.  "Should we go in from the front?" I heard Charlie whisper. "No, I left my computer room's window open. We can sneak in through the window and softly walk up the stairs to my room." I circle toward the back of the house where the window is located. Charlie is only footsteps behind me when I come to a complete stop. Someone must have closed the window and locked it. "We're screwed" I mutter under my breath. "What should we do now?" "We can sneak in the back door, I know that we never lock it." I scutter to the back porch and gently slide the glass door to find out that it is unlocked. Thank god! "Be extremely quiet" I whisper to Charlie. I walked up the stairs very gently, making sure not to make the floor creak. As soon as I reached my room, I closed my door and pulled out a bag from my closet. "Do you need me to get anything?" I heard Charlie beginning to pull out clothes for me. "No I think i'm okay, just please don't make any noise" I grabbed all the clothes that i can stuff into my bag. I made sure to grab my favorite black skinny jeans and my purple crop top. Then i headed to the bathroom, and grabbed my toothbrush and hairbrush, along with toothpaste. I made sure not to forget my seabreeze, so I wouldn't break out before seeing the boys. I know that Charlie brought her straightener, so I grabbed my curler, and began heading for the bathroom door. Just as I was about to push it open, It opened by itself and my heart skipped a few beats.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did Bri get caught trying to run away? Thankyou guys so much for reading! I really want to get to 100 reads tonight. I will most likely post chapter 4, hope you guys like it!