Kam'ron Sanders

Five Months Later

Me and Monroe have been kicking it a lot lately or whatever ever since that incident where she almost got raped. I decided to surprise her with some food from Dairy Queen as I was pulling out the lot my phone went off indicating that it was Mallory calling me I picked it up then said,

"What's good baby girl?" I asked making a right turn onto the road.

"Nothing, I'm honestly getting tired of my parents and their bullshit trying to control my life and telling me who to be with and what they want me to take up in college" she says with a sigh.

"What exactly do your parents be doing?" I asked with an raised eyebrow.

"For instants when me and you were supposed to talk or whatever I was already involved with an guy they wanted me to be with someone with money who can help them get out the hood he was mean and very abusive and I would tell my parents about they just simply told me to suck it up and think of the family and how he would help us financially. Then one day it got really bad and it finally clicked in with my parents that me getting my ass beat wasn't going to work. Ever since then they've been trying to tell me to go off to school to be a Nurse or a Doctor but I want to be a Lab Technician they knocked saying that it doesn't make enough money to support the family the thing is that's what I want to do I don't want to support them cause they've failed me as parents am I wrong for that?" She asked taking a deep sigh.

"Technically Lab Technicians do make good money they may not being home no eighty thousand or higher or nothing but you won't be struggling and you have ever right not to want to help them especially now that I know your situation mami your entitled to do whatever makes you happy why don't you go stay with you Aunt Laura and your Uncle Benjamin until you graduate?" I asked making my exit off the freeway.

"Cause I'm scared they might come and find me and bring me back" she says with a sigh.

"Well, I know some people that will help you mami if you just wanna get away" I say trying to seriously help her out her situation.

"I don't know Kam'ron I don't want to get you involved in any of my bullshit you know that you got a lot on the line with basketball and everything I don't wanna mess that up for you" she says with concern in her voice.

"You're not going to mess up nothing for me plus you deserve happiness I'm tired of seeing you at school stressed out and not really focused mami its time for your change it's just up to you to pursue it" I say trying to boost her confidence up some.

"Alright I'll think on it and get back to you alright papi thanks for listening" she says sounding like the chipper girl I literally almost fell in love with.

"Alright mami just don't take too long alright I'll text you in about a week or two and see what's good on your end alright" I say to her as I turned down my street.

"Alright thanks papi for listening" she says to me causing me to smile.

"No problem mami that's what I'm here for if you ever need me call me or come by alright" I say to her for reassurance.

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind papi I'll talk to you later" she says about to hang up.

"Alright, mami you stay safe" I say to her before she got off the phone.

"Always papi you be safe too" she says before she hung up the phone.

I pulled up to my house parked my car then just like she said she would she was sitting out on the steps like I told her after school. I smiled killed the ignition grabbed our food and drinks as she stood to her feet then walked over towards the car opened the door then said,

"Dang took your ass long enough nikka I'm hungry as hell" she says grabbing the drinks then stepping back.

"You'll be alright plus you know Dairy Queen be packed like a bitch mami" I say closing the door behind me then hitting the alarm as she walked ahead of me.

I smirked as I smacked her on the ass causing her to turn around and size me up causing me to laugh as she said,

"Nikka really" she says shaking her head.

"Aye, we rocking like that so I'm good" I say shrugging my shoulders then unlocked the door then let her walk in first once she was in good I closed the door then locked it as she sat our drinks down on the counter.

She removed her varsity jacket then threw it on the couch as I sat our food down on the counter she walked into the kitchen grabbed the plates then sat them down on the counter as I removed the food from the bag then sat it on the plate then handed her; her drink as she sat down at the bar next to me as we said grace then started eating and making small talk here and there.

After we finished eating I gathered up the trash threw it in the trash as I told her to go ahead upstairs and set up the game she told me cool as I grabbed our plates then cleaned them then headed upstairs to my room walked over towards my closet kicked my shoes off removed my jacket hung it up then closed my closet back walked over towards my dresser grabbed me a pair of sweats and a pair of socks then made my way into the bathroom to take me a shower so I can get ready to kick baby girl ass on the sticks. I sat my things down on the counter then walked over towards the shower turned it on set it to the temperature I wanted then removed my clothes then stepped inside the shower to handle my business.

After a while in the shower I stepped out grabbed my towel dried off hung it back up grabbed my lotion applied it to my skin then grabbed my sweats slipped them on then put on my socks then made my way out the bathroom after I flipped off the light then made my way back into the room as I sat down on the edge of the bed as I looked down at her then said,

"You brought you an extra pair of clothes or whatever?" I say looking down at her.

"Yeah, it is in my bag I figured you were going to hold my hostage once I got him I took my shower and everything before I got here" she says to me looking at me.

"I kinda figured that you smell good as hell" I say grabbing the extra controller.

"Aye, I always smell good unlike most girls at our school" she says with a shrug causing me to laugh.

"You know your a mess you know that right mami?" I asked looking down at her again.

"Yes, I know but you like it now so it's cool" she says with a shrug.

"You sure about that mami?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, I bet if I was to do anything you'll give yourself away" she says with a smirk as she looked at me.

"So you think you know me now huh?" I say looking down at her as we both picked our teams we were going to play with in 2K.

"It's not that I think I know you nikka I do know you I've been around you enough and watched you to know these things I know you like me Kam'ron" she says as we got started playing on the game causing me to shake my head.

"Yeah okay mami if you say so" I say with a chuckle.

"You want me to prove it?" She says challenging me.

"Nope, I just wanna play this game and chill out for the rest of the day is that cool with you?" I say looking at her pausing the game.

"That ass is scared but whatever" she says to me as I pressed play and we got started on the game where we laughed and talked for a long ass time until we grew tired.

She went to go change her clothes then got in the bed with me as we talked for a long time then went to sleep leaving a nikka on his thoughts.