Author Spotlight: ChristopherArmstron8

So... Who the hell are you? Give us five random - though of course, nothing is truly random - facts about yourself.

Biologist, Science Fiction writer, young adult, avid reader, university student

What did you want your schoolyard nickname to be?

Never cared about one as I was mostly a loner in school.

When you were a young padawan, what did you want to be when you grew up?

For the longest time I wanted to be a Fish and Game Warden. Mostly because I watched this show that was all about the ones in California.

Other than writing and/or reading, what hobbies do you have?

Fishing, knitting, woodcarving, hunting, drawing, gardening

As your crew cast your lifeless body into the core of the nearest star, list three pieces of music likely to be rattling the bulkheads.

Life is the Highway - Rascal Flatts
Die A Happy Man - Thomas Rhett
Return to Pooh Corner - Kenny Loggins

Who is your all-time favourite author? Why is that?

Jean Graighead George. Her book My Side of The Mountain is one of my favorite books an is the first chapter book I ever read.

Of everything you have written, what is your favourite?

Into the Ozakkie Wilds is by far my favorite piece so far.

...and what is your fans' favourite?

The Wayward Outlaw is a favorite of readers here on Wattpad.

Do you use real life experiences to influence your writing?

I do at times use my own experiences in my writing, but normally I try to not as it makes boring stories.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Immortality. I know that living forever might not sound appealing, but I feel it would be nice to hang around and see what happens to the world.

Is there a particular moment in history that you would change if you could, regardless of the consequences?

The massacre of Wounded Knee comes to mind. It was a simple misunderstanding that did not need to happen.

The Technological Singularity presents a rather daunting, some say inevitable, future. Does the prospect of that level of Artificial Intelligence excite you, or make you quake in your boots?

Most definitely quake in my boots. I do not like the idea of non biological beings being that common.

The Earth is, at some point, gonna' die. There's nothing we can do about it, certainly not realistically and definitely not with our current technological level. Of all the things that could possibly destroy our homeworld though, which do you think is the most likely and why?

Nuclear war. Lets face it, someone is eventually going to push that button and the world is going to be shaken to its core as nukes level countries.

There are countless stories and legends of 'lost worlds.' Which is your favourite, and why?

Though this may not entirely count I enjoy The Lost World: Jurassic Park the most. It is a good read and a better movie.

Who was your first Sci-Fi crush..? Who is your current one? (by this, we're talking about a character in a book/game/movie/show)

Clove from Hunger Games was my first Scifi crush. Now though I no longer know. Perhaps Wisteria from David Farlands, Spirit Walker. 

You're a low-ranked crewman on an intergalactic cruiser. It pays well enough but it's not the most exciting job in the 'Verse. Drinking one night whilst on shore leave you find yourself deep in conversation with the leader of a band of space pirates. What do you do next?

Join them. Pay is all well and good, but being bored out of my mind would drive me insane. We all die someday and going out with a bang is better than dying of old age.

Aliens are coming! Arrgh! What do you do?

Run. Hide. Wait for them to do whatever they are here to do. If they intend to stay then I will fight them tooth and nail. Unless that is they are peaceful then I may just stay out of their way and let others deal with them while I live far away in the wilderness.

Now this one might prove to be a bit of a shout-out to a fellow Wattpadder, but that's no bad thing if you ask me! If you could experience the world of any science fiction book on Wattpad, first hand, which world would that be and why?

Aintree from David Farland's, Spirit Walker. I enjoy that anyone can be anything there and that mankind it serving and thriving with just the basics. There is no denying it is not a hash land, but least that harsh land is somewhere better than here to live.

And finally, any words of wisdom for new and aspiring writers?

Try, try, try. You are probably told this all the time, but no matter how bad it might get keep writing. There comes a point in your writing career when you start to get better and then it's all uphill from there. Defining better though is something you will have to decide for yourself.