chapter six

CHAPTER SIX
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     SHE WOULD NEVER FORGET THE SCREAM that awoke her and everyone in camp a few days prior

SHE WOULD NEVER FORGET THE SCREAM that awoke her and everyone in camp a few days prior. Ever since then she was jolting awake with it ringing through her head. Wells had been found dead outside of camp. The Grounders had killed him not far from the ship.

The wall that Bellamy had set the building in motion for was being constructed with a new sort of fervor. Everyone was eager to have walls encasing them because of what had happened.

Taylor finished tying the knot that she had been tying and sighed. "Well, it beats being holed up in the dropship just watching Monty try to patch through to the Ark. Trust me, you're more useful here," she assured Chandler, who had been slightly anxious about his new job. He had been in the dropship most of their time on the ground, staying by Jasper's side.

"I guess you're right," he responded lightly as she picked up another tie and began to wrap it around the wood. She secured it tightly just when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. She swiveled around to find Bellamy looking at her seriously.

"What's up?" she asked with levity. They had returned to what their sense of normal was and she no longer felt a burning anger whenever she saw him. He glanced at Chandler for a moment before taking a step closer.

"We have a situation," he told her quietly enough to where Chandler wouldn't be able to hear. She furrowed her brows and tilted her head in question. "Come on."

Taylor bade goodbye to Chandler before following Bellamy, a nervous bubble blowing up in her stomach. When they arrived at their destination, one person was already standing there looking nervous. Jasper shifted on his feet, his eyes glued to the ground.

She looked up at Bellamy, still confused as to what their 'situation' was. He nodded over to the table and she took a step forward. Her eyes searched until she found it. At that moment, Octavia rushed in with Clarke, both looking on edge.

Everyone gathered around the table and stared down at the sight before them. Wells's fingers laid there next to a knife with dry blood crusted on it. Taylor swallowed the bile building in her throat and shook her head.

Clarke picked up the knife and examined it. "This knife was made of metal from the dropship," she observed, the knife clearly nothing the Grounders could have made.

"What do you mean?" Jasper questioned, looking at Clarke as if he didn't really want to hear what they were all thinking.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy asked, looking over to Octavia.

"No one. We brought it straight here," she responded, shaking her head.

"Clarke," Jasper said, still looking for an answer to his question that had gone unanswered.