chapter eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     WHEN THE NEWS REACHED HER EARS, she didn't believe that it was remotely within the realm of possibility

     WHEN THE NEWS REACHED HER EARS, she didn't believe that it was remotely within the realm of possibility. She stomped into the dropship where they were setting him down on the floor. Word was that Octavia was first to get there and bring him in, but she didn't see Octavia anywhere.

     She pushed a few of the people who had assisted Murphy out of her way and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt violently. His face was coated in dirt and blood, cuts everywhere to be found.

     "What the hell are you doing back here?" she demanded, pushing him against the beam that he had been leaning against.

     "Taylor!" a voice called out in a reprimanding tone. She looked over her shoulder and saw Clarke standing there with a tense look. Taylor didn't care if Clarke wanted her to step back, she was going to get her answers and if anything, make sure Murphy would never step near camp ever again. Her along with Bellamy, Finn, Raven, and others had gone out for the day to investigate a crashed dropship that had plummeted down to Earth after their meeting with the Grounders.

    She had decided against going after the arguments from the previous night and the bickering she heard just before they left.

     "Why are you back here?" she hissed, her voice rising dangerously. Murphy didn't respond. The only thing that happened next was Murphy coughing blood in her face. The warm liquid now coated her cheeks and nose.

     She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and pulled her right fist back while keeping the other on the collar of Murphy's shirt. Taylor punched him as hard as she could, his grunt echoing through the ship.

    "Taylor, no!" was one of the things she heard in the midst of the yells that followed her act of violence. Someone grabbed her arm and yanked her back, her grip on Murphy faltering, which caused him to fall back onto the floor with a thump.

     Everything calmed down and Murphy was lying on the ground moaning in pain. Not only had she just injured him, but he had arrived in bad shape. Clarke didn't let go of her while Bellamy stepped up and glanced at Connor and Derek, the others who had brought Murphy into camp from the gates.

     "Everyone but Connor and Derek out, now!" he ordered, not taking his eyes off of Murphy. Taylor had finally gotten a hold on her breathing and relaxed her tense muscles, Clarke eyeing her warily before releasing her grip on her.

     "He claims he was with the Grounders," Derek finally explained. It was a mystery to Taylor as to why he hadn't at least attempted to tell her the exact same thing. Though, she would admit, she came in like a storm, a storm that was seeking to wreak havoc on Murphy.

     "We caught him trying to sneak back into camp," Connor added.

     "I wasn't sneaking. I was running from the Grounders," Murphy defended weakly, his voice still dripping with pain from Taylor's rather rough way of greeting him.