chapter thirty-four

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     "SO YOU TWO got separated?" Taylor questioned, Chandler nodding along in response

"SO YOU TWO got separated?" Taylor questioned, Chandler nodding along in response. He was in the middle of explaining everything that had happened to him between there and Camp Jaha. Quite frankly all she cared about was the fact that he was safe, but she needed her mind off of things.

"Harper and I split off from the group and then we got separated. I did so much running I didn't even realize it. Is she okay?" he went on, looking at the floor guiltily for a moment before glancing back up at Taylor.

"Yeah, she's fine. At least, she was when I left," Taylor responded absently. Everything was horrifying now. It had been two days since the village and she had a hard time looking at Finn now.

They'd all killed people, that part she understood to some level. What she couldn't understand was why he had to open fire on an unarmed village of innocents. She shuddered at the thought.

And when she attempted to distract herself, the thought of Mount Weather was no better. The idea of her friends being in those cages, wasting away to be used as nothing but a medical treatment made her want to scream.

"Oh, crap! I told Bellamy and Clarke I'd meet them!" she remembered suddenly, jumping to her feet and scrambling to the door.

"Oh, well, see you later!" Chandler called out after her from inside the workshop. She had originally gone there to see if Raven was there so she could check up on her, but she was nowhere to be found.

She ran outside and spotted the table that Bellamy and Clarke were sitting at. A makeshift bar area had been constructed with tables and everything already. It was almost impossible to tell if anyone valued priorities anymore.

"...I swear to god if your mom doesn't sanction the mission soon I'm going by myself," Bellamy was saying in a frustrated tone. He sighed and took a sip of his drink.

"Hey, sorry," Taylor breathed heavily, taking a seat next to Bellamy. "And you can't go by yourself."

"You won't be by yourself," Clarke assured.

"They're powerful and they'd recognize you as an outsider. It's too dangerous. We don't even have a plan yet," Taylor dismissed, knowing exactly how eager they felt, but also not favoring how quickly and recklessly they wanted to go in.

Clarke ignored what she said, her eyes fixed on something in the near distance. Bellamy and Taylor both turned around, Clarke looking at the ground when they did. Finn wandered out of the broken Ark, appearing empty and hopeless.

"Guess the inquisition's over," Bellamy commented, referring to the Ark's own investigation of what happened at the village. "How's Finn doing, anyway?"