the bonus chapters

THE BONUS CHAPTERS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     Taylor laughed lightly as she stumbled along, putting her finger up to her lips despite the fact that everyone around them was as loud as could be

Taylor laughed lightly as she stumbled along, putting her finger up to her lips despite the fact that everyone around them was as loud as could be. Monty raised both of his hands in defense but laughed along with her regardless.

"Monty..." she giggled, falling down beside a rather large tree that was just outside the gates. Plenty of people had wondered out, though what they were saying was a mystery to them.

"What?" he replied, collapsing next to her in his own fit of giggles.

"I can see...every color," she said, reaching out into the open air where there was nothing.

Monty's eyes widened.

"No!" he exclaimed, reaching for where her hands were reaching out and he shook his head in awe. "No way."

His eyes drifted to the ground and he gasped rather loudly, pointing to a few scattered pinecones on the ground.

"I am so hungry," he announced, picking one of the pinecones up, examining it with distant eyes.

"Monty, you can't eat that," Taylor told him, shaking her head in an exaggerated fashion. "Not without me!"

Monty laughed and they each picked up a pinecone, not remembering much about the next part of actually eating the thing. All Taylor knew was that she looked at an empty pair of hands as Monty reached for another pinecone.

__________

"I should keep him close? Bellamy, what's going on?" Clarke inquired, watching him as he aimed for the target. "You've been acting weird all day. All the rations you took....you're gonna run. That's why you agreed to come with me. You were going to load up on supplies and just disappear."

Bellamy lowered his gun and shook his head. She was never supposed to know. No one was.

"I don't have a choice," he defended. "The Ark will be here soon." Clarke stared at him incredulously.

"So you're just gonna leave Octavia? And Taylor?" she pushed on, her stance becoming slightly more defensive.

"Octavia hates me," he dismissed. "She'll be fine."

"And Taylor?"

His gut wrenched slightly. Of course there was guilt in leaving both of them, but when he had been the cause of Taylor being on the ground to begin with...it didn't sit right.

"She'll understand," he responded quietly, shifting his gun uncomfortably.

"Oh, she will? Come on, Bellamy. We all know you need each other. I've seen the way you look at her," Clarke furthered, trying to detect a change in his demeanor. So many looked up to him in camp, there was no way they'd survive without him. He looked away, hiding most of his face.