Chapter Seven

"So?" Ansela asked Ella,immediately they got to the large parlour.

"So?" Ella returned absentmindedly, since she was busy studying the white and gold parlour.

The place was breathtakingly, beautiful. From the single chair,to the double and gold and white mirror,everything was beautiful. She even loved the table lamps. William really had a great taste.

"Come on Ella." Ansela whined as she plopped on to the double seater dragging Ella down with her.

"What are you talking about?" Ella tore her eyes off the room to stare at Ansela.

Ansela rolled her eyes. "You and Will? In the same car? Does that ring a bell?"

"Your brother and I?" Ella sighed. "Nothing happened. He brought me here because I am his new cook."

Ansela frowned. "His new cook? Why should he make you his new cook? I am going to give that hard head a piece of my mind." She got up from her seat but Ella pulled her back.

"I asked for it,Annie."

"But--" she started to protest.

"But nothing." Ella's eyes willed her to understand. "I will be working here from now on,don't make it hard for me."

"I won't." She grumbled.

"Promise me one thing Annie." Ella held her hand. "Promise me that you won't try any of that matchmaking stuff you did for Cassie and Kaden,on me and your brother."

"They are happily married because of that." She pointed out.

"I know,but that does not mean it's going to work on William and I,which is why I want you to promise me."

Ansela had that mischievous twinkle in her eyes even though she nodded.

"Good."

"What happened to your face?"

"It's nothing." Ella got up from the chair. "Would you mind showing me the kitchen? I may be able to whip something up for supper."

Ansela got on her feet too. "I'll let this pass, but don't think you're off the hook yet. Come with me."

An hour later,Ella,with the help of Ansela, they cooked Spaghetti Bologna and made crème brulé, Ansela's favourite dessert, for dessert.

Together they set the dining table,which made Ella think that she had stepped into some royalty movie

Together they set the dining table,which made Ella think that she had stepped into some royalty movie. Except that this was no movie and William was no royalty. But the gold and cream designed dining room looked otherwise.

"I wonder what why brother is doing right now." Ansela murmured as she pulled out a chair and settled down on it.

"Resting,maybe." Ella shrugged as she inspected her work. "Does he prefer Tea to coffee?"