Chapter Nine

Ella turned in her bed just as the bed side alarm went off,signaling that the time was five am. She sighed and buried her nose into the soft pillow,feeling too tired to get up from the bed.

She went to bed late last night because she was busy exploring the house, and what she found surprised her greatly. The house has an indoor pool,a gym room, two parlours,one large kitchen and several rooms at each floor. But what really stumped her was the out door pool,or should she call it a river?

The outdoor pool was divided into three parts. A smaller one for children, a medium one for anyone apart from children and a much larger one for many people,that is if he was throwing a party. The pool looked so beautiful a and captivating just like the house.

The house was,in one word, Magnificent.

Just like the owner. A little voice whispered in her head.

Shaking the thought off,she got out of bed and walked into the large en-suite bathroom. She did her business,brushed her teeth and washed her face before hurrying downstairs to the kitchen.

Her own room was located on the first floor while Ansela's room was located on the second floor as William's. Last night before Ansela went to bed,she had shown Ella her room and gave her an oversized T-shirt and shorts.

Ella had gone to bed after setting her alarm to five am,hoping she would finish cooking and hide out before any one got up.

Most especially William. She did not have any idea as to what he would say when they see each other,so to avoid any awkward encounter,she decided to get an early start and finish before he came down.

Ella checked the freezer and cupboards for the stuff they have at home and she was glad to see that, the freezer was well stocked up. Deciding that she would make Carbonara pasta and carrot and Zucchini muffins,she got out the ingredients and set to work.

She began to hum softly to herself as she worked,not realising that she was not alone anymore. She finished the pasta and moved to the oven to get out the now ready muffins from the oven. She bent over ,forgetting that she was not holding a napkin,she reached for the hot tray,only to jump back when it burnt her fingers.

"Ouch!" She yelped,while holding her fingers in front of her.

Ella's eyes widened in surprise, when William suddenly came from nowhere and reached for her injured hand. The pain became a distant memory when his strong but soft fingers wrapped around her wrist gently; he bent his head slightly to inspect her,now red,fingers.

"You could have used the kitchen towel,you know?" His voice sent shivers down her spine,and warmth began to spread in her lower region.

Ella cleared her throat and attempted to snatch her hand from his,but he held on firmly not letting her go.

"I- I am fine." Ella tried to snatch her hands away,and this time,his eyes met hers.

It felt as if all air had been sucked out of the room at the contact. Hazel eyes met dark ones and they locked together,each of them lost in the other one. Ella felt her breath quicken when he moved a little closer to her,so that their nose was almost touching.

She gulped when he moved closer still,so their foreheads were touching. Her body felt hot and cold at the same time at the contact,and even though her brain was sending an information to her mind,her body was not receiving it. Ella saw his mouth coming towards hers,her mind screamed at her to push him away but yet again,her body didn't receive the signal.

She closed her eyes and lifted her mouth for the kiss. Just as she felt his breath on her lips and prepared herself for the kiss, someone cleared their throat,shattering the moment.