Chapter Twelve

I shouldn't be thinking about him. No,I should not be thinking about him. It's pointless,I liked him once when I thought that he was nice but not anymore. He's not worth fantasizing over.

If so,why then am I thinking about him?

Ella ran faster than she would normally to get rid of the thoughts she was having. The treadmill was relentless in it's speed and she was not ready to give up just yet,even though her legs screamed exhaustion.

She had gotten up around 3am after tossing and turning all night, not able to sleep. After walking to the kitchen to get water,she had somehow ended up in the gym. She was unable to get her mind off William and the look he gave Cassie in the kitchen,last night.

Why did the first person, she would ever like as a guy, be in love with another. He does not even care about her.

"Slow down or you'll injure yourself." She heard a familiar voice say.

Her hormones went into overdrive at that voice. She made the mistake of turning her head towards the direction it came from. William was standing in the doorway dressed in his sweat pants and sleeveless shirt. His hair looked so tousled,which clearly said that he just got out of bed.

He looked so hot and handsome under the light. Forgetting that she was on the treadmill,she slowed down and suddenly,she was flying through the air. A scream tore from her throat when she slammed hard into something.

A grunt came from behind her. She turned her head and saw William laying on the floor behind her. It was then she noticed that warm hands were holding her to a solid and warm chest. Heat flooded her face and body.

"Are you okay?" He asked her,his heart pounding hard against her back.

Ella nodded,not sure if she was capable of speaking at the moment.

"You are crushing me."

Ella pushed away from his body; she went on her knees ,so that she was facing him. She watch him seat up so he could examine his elbow. She turned red at the sight of blood dripping down from his right elbow.

"You are bleeding!" She pointed at his elbow with a shaky finger.

"It's nothing much." He touched the deep cut in his elbow and winced. "There's a first aid box in the cabinet over there,can you get it for me?"

Ella hurried to the cabinet. She grabbed the first aid box and handed it over to him. She sat on her hunches and watched him stick cotton wool into the bottle of iodine. He tried to apply it,but couldn't see it clearly.

Without a word,she snatched the cotton wool from him; she cleaned the wound and breathed in relief when she saw that the wound was not that deep. She reached for the bandage in the box. She was about to place it over the wound, when she looked up,only to find him staring at her with an unreadable expression on his face.

Ella realised with a jolt that their faces were only few inches apart. Their noses were almost touching, their breaths mingled together. His gaze dropped to her lips then returned to her eyes. She unconsciously licked her lips and she saw his eyes darken.